Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED

Started by Nige Wade ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED

7 posts
  1. Firstly, has anyone tried the new Nikkor 20mm f/1.8 ED lens underwater?

    Secondly, has anyone managed to get hold of one in the UK yet?

     

    The lens was said to be available in the UK in September, to date as far as I know none of our usual retailers has had them in stock.

    The spec looks suitable for use UW with a minimum focus distance of 200mm from the camera's focal plane and a nice perspective for a wide(ish) rectilinear lens.

    Edited by Nige Wade
  2. I have a lens, and want to test it, but haven't found the time. There was some chatter on Doug Perrine's Facebook page about it being less than stellar, but that is the only feedback I have seen.

  3. Thanks Ryan, I suspected it would be "less than stellar" with an FX sensor beind a dome. What's it like topside?

  4. Anyone ever give this a try underwater?

     

    Considering one for topside and am curious about the overlap.

  5. I am writing the review with the test images as I write!

     

    It includes Nikkor 14-24mm, 16-35mm and 20mm f1.8. Sigma 20mm and Tokina 17mm.

     

    All shot with the D810.

     

    It will be posted early next week

     

    Adam

  6. Adam - thanks for the heads-up. Very much looking forward to the review.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.