Because I can't post more than 10 pictures I've split this post in two parts.
The following is the part 1 of the TVlogic VFM-058W monitor & Nauticam NA-058 housing introduction
The TVlogic VFM-058W is a high quality monitor, it is a nice addition to any camera, bringing a “large” screen and missing functions usually found in high end video camera.
As you know, small cameras like the GH4 and A7S have very capable video mode but has very small monitor and are lack of useful function like waveform and vectorscope .
The monitor build quality is very good, no plastics, it has a magnesium (I guess) dye cast case which help very much for the heat dissipation.
What I found attractive:
- The screen size and resolution: 5.5”, 1920x1080 resolution
- The connectivity: HDMI & SDI in and out
- The functions:
- Vector scope, for the white balance setting
- Waveform scope, for the exposure
- False color, for the exposure
- Zoom function
- Focus assist: fine adjustments, monochrome and color modes
- Tones of aspect ratio options
- Tones of markers options
In the box you can find a piece of Plexiglas that act a screen protection, an external power supply, a 90° SDI connector, the user manual…and that’s all. You’ll have to purchase a battery plate adaptor if you want the mobility, there is several models available, I choose the one for the Canon LP-E6 batteries. You may also want to purchase the optional hood.
The monitor operation is very simple, you have 3 customizable buttons for direct access to some of the functions like the zoom, focus assist…
Nauticam NA-058 housing
As usual with Nauticam the build quality is very good. The housing comes with all necessary accessories for the connection with any camera currently available; it even comes with a vacuum valve.

Nauticam give you access to all monitor functions, on the back the on/off buttons; on the top the three functions buttons, the menu and menu selection buttons, on the left side the rotary switch to navigate in the menu.
The housing is big as you not only need space for the monitor but you have to pack the batteries, the cables and connectors. Compare to the housing for the Sony A7, it is about the same size (without the handles).
As expected the monitor fits very well into the housing, there is a two points locking system. You can place the hdmi and SDI cable, I’ve only fitted the hdmi cable as for now I’ll have no use of the SDI connection.
I have a Sony A7S camera and his Nauticam housing, Nauticam provide also the HDMI cable, no issue to put everything together.
To place the supplied HDMI on the housing, you'll have to give up the Nikonos strobe connector.
As option you can purchase a hood, made of plastic, which can help with the visibility in bright environment.
Part 2 of the post is here: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55130