Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

TVlogic VFM-058W monitor & Nauticam NA-058 housing - Part 2/2

Started by Atobit ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

TVlogic VFM-058W monitor & Nauticam NA-058 housing - Part 2/2

4 posts
  1. Because I can't post more than 10 pictures I've split this post in two parts.

     

    Part 1 of the post is here: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55129


    The following is the part 2 of the TVlogic VFM-058W monitor & Nauticam NA-058 housing introduction

     

    I plan to use it with the Sony A7 housing, unfortunately this housing has not mount available apart for the one on the arm. I found three options for the mounting:

    • Triple clamp: the most simple solution but the less convenient. When you un-tight the clamp every can move, the light arm and the monitor arm, so it difficult to manipulate and tune.
    • Inon double 1” ball base: one ball will be use to connect the lighting, the other one for the monitor. This solution is convenient as the light and monitor position can be set independently but the monitor weight is all transferred on the side where it attached.
    • Finally I think the most flexible option I found is with A.T.G., a Taiwanese company. They have a 24cm arm that is attached to the housing with clamps that has a 1 inch ball mount attached to. To that attached ball you mount your light system. The 24cm arm has 3 mounting holes for a 1 inch base ball. So the monitor can me mounted right on the middle of the camera housing. Nauticam can supply similar parts but has a higher cost.

    ATG_03.jpg

    Then come the decision on how to orient the monitor. By default you can only link the monitor housing to the camera housing with the already installed bottom ball mounting. Fortunately Nauticam has put two M10 holes on the top of the housing, I so purchase a mounting ball with M10 thread so I get the flexibility to mount the monitor housing form the bottom or the top. A little practice underwater will help to find what position is the best for me.

    Strait up to the camera, the monitor is very bulky:

    NA-058_11.jpg

    The following position seems more suitable:

    NA-058_25.jpg

    It would be nice to have the possiblity to mount the hdmi connector on the top of the monitor housing instead of the bottom as the cable connectors are pretty long:

    NA-058_19.jpg

    With that way to put the monitor, the camera screen still visible and the camera command accessible:


    NA-058_26.jpg

     

    Just have to find a bag to put all together and go for a try underwater.

  2. Great review. Thanks. I wish that had fitted their Ninja with a top ball joint like this also.

     

    Never heard of ATG. Will go have a look now!

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Awesome article! been looking at this options. i do have one question though. what is the blueish thing that has the knob and two buttons on the left handle?

  4. Sorry for the late reply.

    That's the remote for the two Fisheye FIX NEO lights.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.