Hi Adam, all,
Here its much about rectilinear lenses, can you give me sugestion about best option for fisheye lense for Nikon FX (d800)?
There are so many oppinions, pros and cons regarding fisheye lenses and most are related to versatility and compatibility of using with DX camera.
Im not very focused on circular photos but rather 180 degree covering full frame.
I was considering Sigma 15 mm f2.8 fisheye, but also Tokina 10-17 (which should be DX, but many people use it on FX), and Nikkor 16 mm fisheye.
Nikkor 8-15 seems to me too expensive unless i find some great deal...
Zoom is not mandatory but rather optical performance is the key parameter.
Do you recomend any other lense that I didint mention?
Another question is port selection (Seacam), what will give best ratio optical performance - mobility (travel friendly). Should I consider Seacam Super dome, regular Seacam Fisheye Port (FP) or Fisheye Macro Port (FMP)?
My thinking by now was to go with Sigma 15 and standard Seacam FP (160 mm) port?
Any advice? Thanks!
Marko