Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Manado and Lembeh with the Nikon D750

Started by Alex_Tattersall ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

Manado and Lembeh with the Nikon D750

21 posts
  1. Hello all, Manado and Lembeh, love them!


    1. Nikon D750, Nauticam, Sigma 15mm, Zen 200mm dome


    16718619909_74ee29207c_c.jpg


    2. Nikon D750, Nauticam, Sigma 15mm, Zen 200mm dome


    16903541732_a9554e5f69_c.jpg


    3. Nikon D750, 105mm VR, F4, 1/320


    16342920704_9f03b6c0f3_c.jpg


    4. Nikon D750, 105mm VR, Nauticam SMC (Super Macro Convertor) F29, 1/200


    16929017426_8bce934a19_c.jpg


    5. Nikon D750, 105mm VR, Retra LSD Prime Snoot, F22, 1/200


    16334866753_084d9fbbbe_c.jpg


    6. Nikon D750, 105mm VR, F22, 1/10


    16929017866_8c798d3d20_c.jpg


    7. Nikon D750, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan, F2.8, 1/320


    16953635202_5a29d3d421_c.jpg


    8. Nikon D750, 105mm VR, Nauticam SMC, F29, 1/200


    16954007891_416839a433_c.jpg


    9/10/11 Lens testing 9, nudibranch D750, 105mm macro


    16767273868_a7698b85ed_c.jpg


    10 With SMC Nauticam (no crop 1:1)


    16332581854_4f15465a32_c.jpg
    Edited by Alex_Tattersall
  2. 11. With SMC and Multiplier (no crop 1:1)


    16954005821_a9099c323d_c.jpg


    ANother lens test, Nikon D750 avec 105mm


    1216903795631_cbbe8147d0_c.jpg


    Nauticam SMC et Multiplier, no crop


    13 16718634159_93265d91c0_c.jpg


    D750, 105mm VR Nauticam SMC, F29, 1/200


    14 16954007051_f88b6625fc_c.jpg


    15 Tiny dudes, D750, 105mm, SMC


    16767274238_8523b5f768_c.jpg



    16. LSD Prime , D750, 105mm VR, 1/200, F22


    16929017066_7d5b8340b4_c.jpg


    17. Coleman shrimp D750, 105mm and SMC, 1/200, F29


    16954006891_6ddb457499_c.jpg


    18. Baby Banggai, D750, 105mm 1/200 F22


    16767275338_246be87938_c.jpg


    19. Filefish D750, 105mm 1/200 F9


    16334867153_d453ea0089_c.jpg


    20. D750, 105mm 1/10, F22


    16342920374_e01c0534b0_c.jpg




    I hope you enjoy.
  3. Wow!!

     

    Amazing pics.. Thanks for sharing!

  4. Wow, cracking work, Alex. These have to be some of the best pics I have seen out of Lembeh - and, mercy, I have seen few! Thanks for sharing.

     

    Who did you dive with and who was your guide?

  5. Thanks, Tim, this time we were with Ecodivers and I had a guide who I loved, Man and then we had the famous Ben. Have you left Lembeh then?

  6. Thanks, Tim, this time we were with Ecodivers and I had a guide who I loved, Man and then we had the famous Ben. Have you left Lembeh then?

     

    Ben is now in Anilao at Acacia, I dove with him on Tuesday and previously at KBR.

    Great pics

    Edited by eyu
  7. Hey Alex

     

    Yeah, I spent a year at Lembeh as dive manager at KBR and left spring 2010. Ben was there then but moved on just as I was leaving. We had some amazing guides: Iwan, Liberty, Ruisman, Puri, Ben... to name but a few. A couple of the guides had species named after them. Terrific guys to work with. Happy times!

     

    I hope EcoDivers was fun - good people.

    Edited by TimG
  8. I loved the Turtle. Whow, what a perfect design of its shield.

  9. Absolutely fantastic! :notworthy:

  10. These are BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done Alex!!

  11. Unreal!

  12. Wow Incredible!

  13. enjoyed viewing these, thanks for sharing.

  14. Indonesia is one of my favorite place for diving.

    The underwater life is so beautifull there. I'll go back next year I Hope.

    Very nice shot !

  15. thanks for sharing ! love the macro shot !

  16. The photos are really beautiful impossible to do better.

  17. thanks for sharing.

    SHAREit MX Player

    Edited by sandro88
  18. Fantastic images!  Wow!

     

  19. Wow, I'm a beginner for UW photography with the same camera and lens. Have you used Tokina 10-17mm? I'm considering whether to buy a Tokina 10-17mm or Sigma 15mm. Your photos are fantastic.

  20. 6 hours ago, Itofu0031 said:

    Wow, I'm a beginner for UW photography with the same camera and lens. Have you used Tokina 10-17mm? I'm considering whether to buy a Tokina 10-17mm or Sigma 15mm. Your photos are fantastic.

    Hi Itofu0031

    The Tokina 10-17 is a DX lens and over the years has been pretty much the go-to lens for crop-sensor camera users for extreme wide-angle or fisheye. It won’t cover the sensor area though on an FX, full frame sensor camera. 

    By contrast, for FX cameras the Sigma 15mm has been the go-to fisheye lens. It is terrific and I used it all the time on my D800. I can recommend it highly  The extreme fisheye effect pretty much disappears as long as you have no lines which should be straight on the image,  So  for example it’s a cracking lens for shots of divers on a reef against the blue. But care is needed when shooting eg a wreck  

    An option worth considering,  although pricier, is the Nikkor 8-15. This is an FX lens but  I’ve found it works really well on either DX or FX and I’m using it underwater on a D500 and topside on a Z6 and D5. It achieves the same as the Sigma 15mm plus offering, if it’s a style you like, the circular porthole type shots. 

    Sorry but I’m in the process of moving so can’t attach any examples at the moment. 

    Edited by TimG
Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.