Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

18 Years - A Story of a Broken Curse

Started by Oceanshutter ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

18 Years - A Story of a Broken Curse

24 posts
  1. Feeling right is a pretty good reason. It's all a bit subjective.

  2. .

     

    Oh and just one more thought - when cutting to music you don't always have to cut to the beat

     

    Hope that helps

     

    Tim

    I agree with that...and when I see others do it, it does look very natural. However, there are times, when I try it, and it doesn't feel right. Perhaps this is just the fact that it is my own work, so I am being critical. Where if someone else did it, it would be okay.

  3. Cutting good music sequences can be tricky and takes a while, well it does me anyway. Quite often I have a drink first and then sit and play for hours. A day or two later I have to go through it stone cold sober and tidy it all up.

  4. Sorry, I got interupted by my elderly Mum in the middle of that last post. I don't know if you can still get it but The Technique of Film Editing by Karel Reisz is good to read. Of course you have to have the shots to start with so remember to shoot your cutaways.

     

    Happy editing guys.

     

    So, it appears that this book has recently been re-issued (second edition), so a copy is now on my way from Amazon - thanks for the suggestion.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.