Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ideas/suggestions for Olympus E-PL3/PT-EP05L

Started by 50fathom ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Ideas/suggestions for Olympus E-PL3/PT-EP05L

5 posts
  1. Morning boys and girls,

     

    Just recently I purchased an Olympus E-PL3/PT-EP05L combo, using the kit 14-42mm lens, with a PTMC-01 macro lens, locline arm/tray system and a sola 1200 light. Looking forward to shooting with this setup and getting into the world of a more serious underwater shutter bug role, as up to now I have been using a Canon P&S system, with decent results mind you, but nothing compared to SLR standards.

     

    I am looking to add more light to the setup, either via another sola 1200 route or 2 new iTorch Pro6+ lights - sadly, funds are the determining factor at the current time. Any other suggestions? Ideas? Strobes would be a nice option, but I'd also will be using it for video, so need somethign that would cover both spectrums.

     

    Also would like to add a wide angle lens. So far the contenders are

    1. Inon UWL-H100 28M67 Wide-angle
    2. Ikelite W30 Wide Angle Lens
    3. Olympus PTWC-01 Wide Conversion Lens

    From my research these wide angle lenses all promise similar results in terms of magnification and field of view, with the added bonus of the Inon offering a dome.

     

    Any users out there of this setup with the barebone setup? Does anyone have any real world expereicene with the wide the above wide angle lenses? Suggestions/ideas?

     

    As much as I would like to get the 9-18 lens with a Zen port, I have to keep things real for now, already have a few expensive hobbies, so need to curb the spending here.

  2. Has anyone actually had success with add on WA lens on m4/3?

    If I were you I'd just use what you have until such time as you can purchase a port/lens combo that fits your budget and makes sense.

    I'm a big fan of the Zen port as it allows you to use 3 lens, 9-18, kit lens and 60mm macro.

  3. Has anyone actually had success with add on WA lens on m4/3?

    If I were you I'd just use what you have until such time as you can purchase a port/lens combo that fits your budget and makes sense.

    I'm a big fan of the Zen port as it allows you to use 3 lens, 9-18, kit lens and 60mm macro.

     

    are you saying the wet wide angle lenses dont work with the micro 4/3s?

    Edited by 50fathom
  4. I don't have personal experience with it, but I seem to remember people trying to figure out a way to do it without any real success.

     

    Search here and on scubaboard and see what you find.

     

    People have had success with macro wet lens.

  5. I started with an E-PL1, 14-42 lens, and the Olympus macro wet lens. To be honest, I never got good macro results with it as the wet lens did not seem to offer much more magnification. May have been operator skill though . . .

     

    Regarding the lighting, you might be somewhat limited shooting macro with video lights, as it will be difficult to use small apertures for better depth of field. But certainly worth a try!

     

     

    Has anyone actually had success with add on WA lens on m4/3?

     

    It seems that Nauticam is working on a new lens - not sure when it might be available:

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56273&hl=

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.