I have the Nauticam 37303 A7 II Port Adapter + Nauticam 18810 N120 140mm optical glass fisheye port. That is Nauticams recommendation for the Sigma.
Just curiosity: why not the A-mount sigma? Would it fit in the housing with the (bulky...) A to E af adapter?
BTW the n120 is a bit small for FF, has some limitations. If i try this option I'll go with a larger dome.
Perhaps with the updated firmware it will work, but when I bought the MK IV Metabones and Sigma 15mm to use with my Sony a7r, it did not autofocus at all. So I bought the Canon 8-15mm and tried that. It worked but really slow (might be faster on the a7r II). I finally ended up with the Sony 28mm and the wide angle and fisheye converters. The autofocus is fast and accurate. The optics are very good with the wide-angle converter, and pretty good with the fisheye (not as sharp, I would say, as the Canon 8-15, but better results overall because of the faster focusing)
Just did some research. The only thorough review on it says the sony is rather soft on the edges with high CA already on land. After visiting this topic, realized the Sigma15 (& Tokina 10-17) is not much better and the canon 8-15 didn't raise the bar either. I'd say the converted 2/28 is probably not significantly worse than either domed solutions - of course for proper assessment one has to compare them shooting test charts.
I don't know, if there is a magic that renders soft/CA loaded corners better when packed in a dome (e.g. opposite "direction" of the distortions which compensates?) but I doubt.
Tobbe, what dome/extension ring combination are you using the Metabones IV + Sigma 15mm with, out of curiosity? This may be the route I go if I choose the A7RII.
Interesting option. My understanding from Interceptor21's review of the WWL-1 though is that the field of view is still not quite 180 degrees on the diagonal, so it'll be a bit narrower than a true fisheye. Plus, the WWL-1 is very heavy (negative underwater unlike a dome, I presume) and quite expensive. It would be great if someone could compare this with the Sony 28 + Fisheye adaptor inside a regular dome or an adapted Sigma 15mm fisheye or Canon 8-15mm fisheye.
Seems like there's a lot of choices for fisheye on the A7RII, even without a native fisheye lens (yet).
Isn't the Nikonos 15 a rectilinear WA lens rather than a fisheye?
Speaking of Metabones, I am curious if the AF works on older cameras as well (A7II).
Regarding weight, there are two factors: travel (dry) weight and underwater. Dry a decent dome also weighs 1-2kg. Balancing is an issue for both, a full-frame dome needs weights on its belly, the wwl-1 needs floats. Price-wise the difference is not much:
WWL1: ~1k$, flat port (N100): 330$, 2/28 lens: 350$
vs Sigma 15: ~500$, decent fisheye dome+gear+adapter: 1k$
The nikonos 15 is rectilinear, the 13mm piece is fisheye. Unfortunately rainbow unicorn category with its associated price tag and MF:(. IQ-wise true, these are THE PERFECT optics underwater, designed for UW use from the core by Nikon engineers.