Hello everyone,
I’m looking to buy my first underwater photography setup and need some advice to put everything together. On the first place I thought about my Nikon D7100 to take underwater but reality is brutal and whole setup would be very expensive and simply I can’t afford it. I sold camera and all lenses so now I can start from the begging.
I’m moving to Thailand Koh Tao for year maybe longer. I’ll do my Instructor internship up there and I would like to have equipment with me to save memories. I would like to do some photography and video. My underwater setup needs to be medium size so is easy to carry and great for everyday usage.
Camera:
Sony RX100 Mark IV looks really nice is small with good photo specification and awesome video mode. I think is top range compact camera now available on the market.
What you guys think about that camera is it worth investing money or something else would be a better choice?
Housing:
NA-RX100IV (www.camerasunderwater.co.uk) price £764
Ikelite is slightly cheaper but Nauticam looks more solid and safer.
Lighting:
I think the best configuration would be one flash plus video light.
-Flash: What would be a better choice Inon Flash Z-240 Type 4 or Sea and Sea YS-D2 Strobe? Maybe they are other options to consider? I found good deal for both strobes and they are nearly same price at http://www.scubastore.com £420 around for each.
Batteries are rechargeable or I need to buy them separately?
Video light:
I have no clue what to choose I may get a wide angle lens if will get enough money so something with high angle would be great, build in battery charger would be great option too. My budget is up to £450. I would like to buy them from http://www.scubastore.com as they have good price deals on equipment.
Arms and Lens:
I would like to get arms to hold my lighting for my Nauticam housing I have no idea what I will need so would you suggest something?
I read about wet wide lens for that housing would you help me chose to best one for my setup? (That would be optional if will get enough money).
Cost:
Camera £580, Housing £765, Flash up to £450, Video light up to £450, Arms £xxx (Don’t know)
Wide lens is optional so not included.
TOTAL: £2245
Should I be considering something else? I really appreciated your help.
Many thanks,
Kris.
