I'm not sure where to ask this, but I'm looking for a way to mount a GoPro to my camera housing. (Nauticam LX5) It has an empty M10 threaded socket that I'd like to use. Does anyone know of a suitable threaded mounting post that would work?
Thanks!
Hi, i use a hot shoe to gopro adapter for my Nauticam OMD5e housing. If you want to use the M10 thread, you can take the M10 to ball mount, and then a gopro to ball mount adapter. Regards, Wolfgang
Hello all,
I'm not sure where to ask this, but I'm looking for a way to mount a GoPro to my camera housing. (Nauticam LX5) It has an empty M10 threaded socket that I'd like to use. Does anyone know of a suitable threaded mounting post that would work?
Thanks!
I have the Nauticam M10 threaded ball mount and the iDas GoPro adaptor for sale in the classifieds...
Yes it appears that a ball or cold shoe mount and clamp is my only option. I couldn't find a one-piece solution anywhere. Which I think will turn out to be a bit of a blessing anyway. The GoPro has a wide enough view that I've realized I'd like it to be pushed up and even with the front of my wide angle lens on the housing, so that it has an unobstructed view. A quick pool test will be in order when bits and pieces arrive!
I just ordered a Hero4 Silver and now have to think about how to integrate it. I use an OEM Olympus housing and I already have my focus/video light mounted in the cold shoe on the housing. I shoot with dual strobes and am primarily a photographer.
The two thoughts I have: Use the ULCS neck adaptor to add a short arm with ball, clamp, and ball mount to mount the GoPro to one of the handles. Or try to arrange some way of fixing it to the strap I use to hold the buoyancy float on my ports (both macro and Zen dome).