Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

new 28mm macro canon or 60 macro venus or 6o macro canon

Started by bany ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

new 28mm macro canon or 60 macro venus or 6o macro canon

6 posts
  1. Hi dear Pro

    I am going to buy new meikon U/W housing(budget is tight) for my canon 70D, the housing port is fixed and I can't change the port like other type. I can just use these three lens ( the maximum length is limited to 9 cm ) 1- 60 macro Canon 2-60 Venus new chines lens with 1:2 magnification and manual control 3: new 28 mm canon with LED O-ring flash .

    could any one help me through this issue .

    thank you in advanced.

    Mahdi.

    1-+ point of 28 mm canon is o_ring flash ( I don't know about negative point)

    2-60 Venus ( 2 x magnification as a plus point and minimal focus distance 18.5 cm ) ( lake of auto focus )

    3- 60 macro ( low minimum focus distance to reach 1:1 magnification about 9.5 cm )

     

  2. The new Canon 28mm macro lens with the ring flash is an EF-M lens, designed for the EOS-M mirrorless cameras. The 60mm EF-S macro lens is quite popular among Canon APS shooters. Do not have one myself so cannot comment. I would recommend an AF lens over a MF lens like the Venus. You can still MF the Canon lens but will need a focusing gear, also for the Venus lens. I seem to recall that the Venus lens has a manual diaphragm - you should check on this. A manual diaphragm is going to be particularly challenging to use under water if even possible as you will need a control gear for this as well.

  3. The new Canon 28mm macro lens with the ring flash is an EF-M lens, designed for the EOS-M mirrorless cameras. The 60mm EF-S macro lens is quite popular among Canon APS shooters. Do not have one myself so cannot comment. I would recommend an AF lens over a MF lens like the Venus. You can still MF the Canon lens but will need a focusing gear, also for the Venus lens. I seem to recall that the Venus lens has a manual diaphragm - you should check on this. A manual diaphragm is going to be particularly challenging to use under water if even possible as you will need a control gear for this as well.

    Thank you so much Tom.now I know what I want to choose .:)

  4. Thank you so much tiger shark.now I know what I want to choose .:)

  5. I also saw the link that you sent me , it seems great,but i couldn't do that by myself.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.