Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Help regarding Inon Dome 170mm olympus

Started by StriatusW ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Help regarding Inon Dome 170mm olympus

8 posts
  1. Hi guys,

     

    Just a quick question regarding Inon 170mm Dome.

    I am using Olympus E-M1 in Oly housing (PT-EP11)

     

    Recently I bought the Inon 170mm Dome

    http://www.divervision.com/inon-dome-port-olympus-with-protector-ii-set-for-zuiko-digital-ed-8mm-f3.5-fisheye-456212143338.html?search=Inon%20Dome

     

    I have also the adapter (PAD-EP08) and the short olympus port extension (PER-01). I tried using this setup with my Olympus 7-14 F2.8 Pro, but it could not really fit in and Im afraid to break anything. I'm deciding whether to buy another olympus port extension (PER-01) to stack it with my current port setup or get a longer olympus port extension (PER-02).

     

    I attached the setup picture for reference.

     

    Just wondering if anyone been using the same setup and probably could help me out a bit :) thanks

     

     

    Wira

  2. Wira,

     

    I have the same setup EXCEPT the dome I have is the Oly PPO-E04. I haven't had any problems with the fit. Mine slides in and out okay. Sometimes gets a little hung up on the zoom gear. May be your Inon port has a smaller opening??

     

    The PER-E01 is the correct length for the 7-14 lens.

     

    Kent

  3. I use the 2" extension with my Inon dome and Pro zooms; you should be able to stack 2 1"-extensions and be ok. The Inon dome is shorter than the Oly dome.

  4. Wira,

    I have the same setup EXCEPT the dome I have is the Oly PPO-E04. I haven't had any problems with the fit. Mine slides in and out okay. Sometimes gets a little hung up on the zoom gear. May be your Inon port has a smaller opening??

    The PER-E01 is the correct length for the 7-14 lens.

    Kent

    Hi Kent. Thanks for the info

     

    It seems so for the PPO-E04, but i just realised that it is slightly longer than the Inon dome for olympus (by 6mm).

  5. I use the 2" extension with my Inon dome and Pro zooms; you should be able to stack 2 1"-extensions and be ok. The Inon dome is shorter than the Oly dome.

    Hi ! Thanks alot for the info. Yup im getting another olympus PER-01 extension soonish. Just one more question, when you use the 8mm f1.8 pro with the dome, do you use the focusing gear and the shading ring too to help surpress the internal flash within ? I notice on the olympus system chart, this is not required for the 7-14 F2.8. Thanks !

  6. I haven't actually shot the 8mm underwater yet, so I can't say for sure. That said, I don't plan on getting the focus gear. The 12-40 and 7-14 are fat enough that you don't need a shading ring; the 8mm is skinnier, but if it's a problem I'll probably just jerry-rig something.

  7. @wapiti cheers,

     

    Id probably do the same !

  8. I've just bought the Inon and looks fantastic. Please check the photos on the dome + lens + 2inch extender in the other thread

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.