Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Settings for Nikon D7000 and Inon Z240

Started by skir67 ·

  • 25Posts
  • 25Replies

Read-only discussion

Settings for Nikon D7000 and Inon Z240

25 posts
  1. Thanks Adam. To be honest I think there are probably better ways to get optical ttl if I want it. And as I will probably replace my housing with something else which allows more camera functions to be accessed with better ergonomics this will probably be when I can get sttl on the inon if I decide I want that feature.

     

    You mention the battery drain and flash recycle time using optical triggering as downsides, but are there other disadvantages of this method?

     

    I currently have the camera flash in manual mode at 1/128 is that a good starting point?

     

    I found a thread on here detailing an electro/optical convertor, but it looks like the guy who was making it stopped production owing to the difficulty of coming up with something that would work with every camera/housing combination, there was another one too, but that one seemed to not get even that far.

  2. No worries..

     

    The camera's flash recycling time is the issue. Although it is rare to need to shoot fast underwater, it is nice to be able to! To test it yourself, pop the flash up, put the camera into Continuous Low and see how many shots you get before the flash slows it down.

     

    Certainly, camera flash set to

     

     

     

    manual mode at 1/128

     

    Is the right place to start.

     

    In terms of electro-optical converters, have a look here:

     

    http://wetpixel.com/articles/field-review-uwtechnics-external-optical-ttl-converter.

     

    This one will fit in any housing that has an M14 port.

     

    UWTechnics is definitely making them. Many housing manufacturers are using TTL optical boards as options in their housings too. Many of these can be retro fitted.

     

    All the best

     

    Adam

  3. Can't see myself wanting to take continuous shots underwater, but you never know! Interesting to se companies are making something for this, though I couldn't find a website for uw technics, though the article you linked did mention they were in the process of setting up a website.

  4. However it still looks like you have to have a hole cut in the housing to take it. Plus the entire cost would have me on the way towards a better overall housing. The ergonomics are not very good on my current one and it does not give access to all of the camera controls. My biggest gripe is the inability to use the ae-l/af-l button which I normally use for back button focusing.

     

    Also I cannot change the focus mode button.

     

    I'll probably use this housing in the interim and then try and get a decent second hand unit. I like the look of the nauticam housing.

     

    I would recommend it to contact with NiMAR becasue the TRT-Electronics has contact with them.

    The TRT electronics has two possibilities to connect TTL strobe to NiMAR housing.

    1. You can connect the TURTLE to the built in bulkhead and you can use "Y"sync cord calbe to the 2 pcs INON Z240. http://trt-electronics.com/product/turtle-board-basic-copy-2/

    2. You can fixing LED NiMAR panel to inside the housing and you can glue the multicore optical cable holder outside the housing.

    If you need more information here is the support: support@trt-electronics.com

    I hope we can help you!

    Balazs.

  5. Hi These are the settings for Z240 TTL mode:

     

    The left side you have to switch S-TTL mode.

     

    Right button for M6 normal sync cord TTLmode and also working with optical sync multicore cable. We tested all electronics with these setup.

     

    right%20button%20TTLM6.jpg

     

     

    And here is the right setting for the optical sync:

     

    right%20button.jpg

     

    For the maximum power you have to use TTL converter.

    Check the TURTLE! :)

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.