Hi Amylynn,
I am still happy with the NAEM5II I purchased last year. I believe that good optics and ports are much more important for good image quality than to have the newest generation of camera body (besides photographic abilities, of course, but this is not under debate here and cannot be compensated with money
...).
My wife still has the EPL6 in Olympus housing and we are considering to change this and acquire another Oly camera in Nauticam housing so we can share the ports we have for Nauticam (for the Oly housing we would have to buy all ports/extensions extra, she has only the standard port so far). This is what I like with Nauticam housings: one just exchanges the housing for camera body and the camera, but ports, extensions, lenses etc. remain. We did not decide yet whether to go for another second hand EM5II or EM1 plus NA housing (may be around 1500 Euros) or whether to go for EM1MII new (ca. 4000 Euro; as Draq says this camera is relatively new and it will last another 1-2 years before they will become abundand at the second hand market).
Here is my gear list and how I am satisfied with it (I also do not have much comparison to alternatives, since this is my first gear):
#1.: Macro: Zuiko 60mm (excellent! - but belongs to my wife, so used seldom
)
Pana 45mm (very good)
both in Nauticam 45 Macro port (Zuiko 60mm with 20mm Extension).
#2.: "moderate" WA to normal/tele: Zuiko 12-40mm Pro (excellent!)
with Zen DP-170-N120 and Nauticam 60mm N120-N85 adapter.
=> The N120 port version is more expensiveas the ports with built in extensions (as you need additional adapters/extensions), but is also more universal and with the rigth extension/adapter it can be used for more different lenses as the domes with built-in extensions.
#3.: extreme WA: Zuiko 8mm fisheye Pro (excellent!)
with Zen DP-170-N120 and 30mm N120-N85 adapter.
(maybe later I will go for the 140mm or even 100mm fisheye dome, but IQ is excellent also with DP170)
#4.: "regular" WA range: this is the "problem child"
Pana 7-14mm (o.k., but IQ not really at satisfaction)
with Zen DP-170-N120 and NA 60mm N120-N85 adapter.
my wife uses Zuiko 9-18mm behind planport (the IQ is really bad! - I cannot recommend this combination).
for this WA range the Pana 8-18mm behind Nauticam 180 domeport or Pana (or Zuiko) 7-14mm behind Athena 200mm port might give better results (we had already many discussions on the dompeport issue here) - maybe I will end up later with a 200mm port for the Pana 7-14mm, but see below...
I recently acquired a Tokina 10-17mm zoom fisheye and a Metabones 0,71x speedbooster (allows the Canon mount lens to be used on MFT body, reduces focal length to 7-12mm and increases f-number to f2.5-f3.2. So far the combination works perfect over water, no incompatibility problems). I also have ordered the corresponding Nauticam adapter plus Zoomgear, but still am waiting to get it and test this combination out (we are leaving on April 19th for 2 weeks to Egypt
:)
, maybe I can test already there, but I do not count on it...). In case this combination gives very good results, I will acquire another Metabones 1x adapter and this may well become my standard WA configuration from 180o to 74o diagonal FOV. In addition the Metabones 0,71x adapter will also allow me to use a circular fisheye (as Sigma 4,5mm FE in Canon mount)...
Wolfgang