Well let me try to explain again, since pictures won't help. alright, heres the situation.
i have my 2 strobes connected as slaves via fiber optical cables.
I press the shutter, my internal flash is triggering both flashes, the D1 and the D2 correctly. if I put both Strobes at their highest output power, the picture is NOT LIT by the strobes even though they fired.
if I go down 3 stops on the strobe (4 on the D2 since it got 1 lvl more) I get the light of the strobes on my pictures. I even tried with setting different shutter speeds on the camera, but this doesn't affect the outcome. I will try the less powerful settings on the strobe all the way down, but didn't want to fire them more then 1 -2 times out of the water. will jump in tomorrow morning and check once again all different power levels..... it makes no sense to me, that the highest power is not visible on the pictures, but less power is... ?????
I'll have a look through these 3 links you send, I might find the answer...
i was pretty annoyed underwater, when I found out about it.. all pictures are useless... (maybe because of that I saw so much stuff ) murpheys law... 
EDIT: I use everything Camera as well as strobes in manual)