Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

RAID suggestions

Started by katy-kid ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

RAID suggestions

23 posts
  1. Final follow up...the Glyph Technologies Atom RAID 2TB USB 3.1 Type-C External SSD came in and so far WOW! In FCPX I have a 3x45min 4k, time lines stacked on each other and editing and playback is super smooth. No more stuttering and stoping. From a strictly editing point of view very happy.

  2. I use the OWC Thunderbay2 bundled with Softraid. Two enclosures (8 bays), 6x4tb HGST drives (2 spare bays for backup drives), RAID 5, imac 5k. Runs as fast or faster than any SSD (750+MB/s I think it was). So far its been great. Lots of space (10TB+ photo library) lots of speed. But I'm no IT guru.

  3. Following this thread. So interesting. Thanks for posting!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.