Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Adapter for Nauticam Dome onto Subal Type 3 Housing?

Started by tgait ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Adapter for Nauticam Dome onto Subal Type 3 Housing?

6 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Is anyone aware of an adapter that would allow a Nauticam dome to be mounted on a Subal Type 3 housing? (I'm aware of one that allows a Subal dome to mount on a Nauticam housing, but not the other way around). I couldn't find anything on the Subal site.

     

    I'm trying to extend the life of my older Subal ND30 rig (Type 3). I bought a Nauticam NA-D810 housing and two domes last year, but subsequently trashed my housing, camera and dome (THAT was a FUN shore entry!).

     

    I have a Subal 8-inch dome (DP-FE) but the glass isn't pristine and flares. I would like to use my undamaged, dust-collecting, 8.5-inch Nauticam acrylic dome if I possible, but there doesn't seem to be an adapter.

     

     

    Thanks and regards,

    Tom

  2. Hi Tom

     

    I deleted the second copy of this post.

    Edited by TimG
  3. Thanks for deleting the second copy Tim. Larry, this looks like a great resource for more than just the adapter too! Thanks!!

  4. Saga make adaptors to use Nauticam (N120 type) ports on Subal type 4 housings - I am sure they must make a type 3 one too.

     

    Alex

  5. Hi tgait,

     

    Here another adress where all kind of adaptors are made (in case you are from Europe): https://www.unterwasserkamera.at/shop/catalog/en/

     

    They just made another adaptor for me to fit the Zen DP-170-N120 dome to Nauticam (NA-EM5II) with 30mm Extension: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60280

    they have it now in their offer: https://www.unterwasserkamera.at/shop/catalog/en/product_info.php?info=p6901_d-d-nauticam-n85---n120-portadapter-30mm.html

     

     

    Wolfgang :)

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.