Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Which Mirrorless Camera for 4k Video (Macro/Wide)

Started by skating101 ·

  • 43Posts
  • 43Replies

Read-only discussion

Which Mirrorless Camera for 4k Video (Macro/Wide)

43 posts
  1. To the OP, why not look at dedicated video cameras. They do autofocus far better than any u4/3 system and can easily do wide angle and macro on the same dive. Still $3K is pretty low budget but you might get it done.

    Bill

    I had been considering this option myself. Over the past year, I have seen a few Gates / AX-100 combos with multiple ports on the resale market in the USD2,500 range. That said, I would still favour a used GH4 for the superior image quality, excellent MWB and ability to re-use lenses in a future upgrade. The GH4 is also a much more versatile rig for above the water.

  2. Yes indeed, if you take photos. But if you only do video, then I think a dedicated video camera is still superior, continuous auto focus for video is still not quite there yet.

     

    Bill

  3. I used a Sony A6300 with 10-18F4 and Sony 90F2.8 macro in a Nauticam housing for the last 2 trips. Honestly didn't filmed a lot but i think the camera handled the whitebalance quite nice. I always used auto white balance, no filter and filmed in Cine4 - check out the clip below, most parts ambient light

     

    Edited by Peterpan
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.