Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Scratched glass

Started by lwang0622 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Scratched glass

4 posts
  1. Does anyone know how I can get this scratch out of the back of my inon uwl h100 lens.

    Super bummed... I can see it and I'm sure it will effect future photos. Thanks

    post-55718-0-94675600-1528315878_thumb.jpg

  2. It is possible to remove lens scratches with cerium oxide powder in water and a drill-mounted rotary pad.

    However, the polish will remove the lens coating plus a minute amount of optical glass.

     

    If it was my lens, I would first contact the dealer or Inon directly, maybe they can replace or repair the lens.

  3. Hi,
    you can try to find the same lens, with a front element problem, and make one out of two...
    Have done that with the Inon 165 fisheye lens.
    Regards,
    Wolgang

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.