Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Mucky Indonesia with the gh4

Started by Pajjpen ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

Mucky Indonesia with the gh4

21 posts
  1. Shot a little video in Indonesia last month, in Ambon and lembeh.

    Would love some constructive criticism!

  2. Enjoyed watchin this. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

     

    Diggy

  3. That was truly beautiful.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Great exposure

    Have you slowed sown the footage from 50 to 25 or 60 to 24 fps? Some of the fish appears slower than real life

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Great exposure

    Have you slowed sown the footage from 50 to 25 or 60 to 24 fps? Some of the fish appears slower than real life

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Thank you interceptor!

    Everything was shot in 4K 25p as the gh4 won’t do 4k60, so everything is in real time.

    Recently purchased the gh5 housing to have the ability to slow it down just like you mentioned

  6. Thank you interceptor!

    Everything was shot in 4K 25p as the gh4 won’t do 4k60, so everything is in real time.

    Recently purchased the gh5 housing to have the ability to slow it down just like you mentioned

    Very stable footage. Did you use a tripod I suppose?

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Very stable footage. Did you use a tripod I suppose?

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Yes, all the shots were shot with the xit 404 tripod. Quite heavy but excellent tripod!

  8. Let me have the youtube link so I can watch it on the Tv when available

  9. Good work Jesper ,

    Nice meeting you and your girlfriend again !

    Frank

  10. Let me have the youtube link so I can watch it on the Tv when available

     

    Good work Jesper ,

    Nice meeting you and your girlfriend again !

    Frank

    Thank you frank, right back at you! :)
  11. What's up, Jesper! It's Mike from Raja Ampat

  12. Stunning video! Truly excellent work. Thanks for sharing.

  13. Wonderful video - since you asked for constructive criticism, the only thing that I would say is that the music was a bit uninspiring. Far more generic than the spectacular video work deserves. Great stuff otherwise.

  14. Stunning video! Truly excellent work. Thanks for sharing.

    Thank u! I appreciate it!

     

    Wonderful video - since you asked for constructive criticism, the only thing that I would say is that the music was a bit uninspiring. Far more generic than the spectacular video work deserves. Great stuff otherwise.

    Thanks man! Looking back on it I kind of have to agree. I really struggled in my search for a song.
  15. AWESOME!

  16. Awesome! May I ask some - what tripod legs are you using, ans how do you set WB and what light are you using?

  17. AWESOME!

    Thank u!

    Awesome! May I ask some - what tripod legs are you using, ans how do you set WB and what light are you using?

    Thanks man!

    Im using the xit 404 twist clamp legs. They work like a charm :) I do also keep my rig about 1.5kg negative to make sure it stays stable even in current.

    I just set the wb to match my lights to avoid any color shifts but Im sure awb would work just as well for this type of closeup work.

    Light were archon w42vr or something, I forgot the name. 5000 lumen lights tho, and a snoot by inon..the lf 800n. Lovely snoot for video work, would totally recommend!

    Edited by Pajjpen
  18. really nice! :clapping:

  19. Jesper

    I use the Inon spotlight as well and love it but I find that unless I drop my colour temp down to about 3600K the images are very much warmer than my wide angle lights which are similar to your Archons. I find adjusting the colour temp white balance back and forth a little annoying and I know that you can just fix it in post for the most part but I was just wondering if you have the same issue and how you manage it?

    Cheers

    Steve

  20. Jesper

    I use the Inon spotlight as well and love it but I find that unless I drop my colour temp down to about 3600K the images are very much warmer than my wide angle lights which are similar to your Archons. I find adjusting the colour temp white balance back and forth a little annoying and I know that you can just fix it in post for the most part but I was just wondering if you have the same issue and how you manage it?

    Cheers

    Steve

    That's correct. It is warmer for sure. I mostly use my snoot when I shoot macro, very rarely turn the big lights on so for me it's not much switching back and forth.

    I try to always have my wb on the cool side and if I happen to use my wide angle lights and forget to switch to a warmer wb I'll just fix it in post.

    There is a blue filter for the light that I haven't actually tried, if you swap a lot u might wanna give that a try altho I can't tell u how much it would actually help in your situation.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.