Hey all
Trying to get rear curtin flash on a 5Diii , electric sync cords to YSD2 strobes - any hacks ?
Also has anyone sussesfully used a reefnet +10 on a 100mm on the 5D iii
Thanks
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by bax737 ·
Read-only discussion
Hey all
Trying to get rear curtin flash on a 5Diii , electric sync cords to YSD2 strobes - any hacks ?
Also has anyone sussesfully used a reefnet +10 on a 100mm on the 5D iii
Thanks
I think that with Canon only a Canon EX Speedlite flash can be used to use the rear curtain... and even then only at speed lower than 1/30...
At least in my 7D mkII it is like that
Thanks
Agreed, I believe it's not possible. Go front curtain and wave the camera around while you do. Alex Mustard wrote a great article on slow shutter speed photography with different syncs to show the different effects you can get.
Errbrr, Where can I find such article?
Nauticam flash trigger there are 2 So get the right one
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Also would like to read the article from Alex Mustard if anyone has a link to it please?
I've had a quick google and I think it was in UWP. Maybe the May 2006 article that Alex refers to in this thread: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12982&page=2
I have the UWP copies at home and will have a look for the right issue when I get back there.
I'm pretty sure the UWtechnics Canon converter will do rear curtain sync. It also runs off button cells and uses LEDs rather than a flash tube like the Nauticam TTL trigger - the result is far better battery life. One is on my to-buy list.
http://wetpixel.com/articles/uw-technics-ships-ttl-converter-for-canon
https://uwtechnics.com/index.php/online-store/ttl-converters/for-canon/ttl-converter-for-canon-for-nauticam-housings-detail
Manual:
https://ru.calameo.com/read/005560836973218c29b21
Bevan
Electrical triggering of anything other than a Canon flash won't be programmed to fire in rear curtain sync, unless it is specifically engineered for the task like the linked UWtechnics board above. The board needs to time the duration from the first curtain trigger to the correct time to trigger for rear curtain sync, the time to start this will depend somewhat on the characteristics of the flash being triggered which is why the board needs to know which flash is connected.
Optical triggering would work but you don't have a built in flash, any type of trigger would need to be specifically designed to work with your camera and also your external flash.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.