Does anyone use this?
Tell us your opinion.
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Nauticam Macro to Wideangle Lens 1 (MWL-1) for Full Frame
Started by Bumbi.dombovari ·
- 42Posts
- 42Replies
Read-only discussion
Nauticam Macro to Wideangle Lens 1 (MWL-1) for Full Frame
-
-
Curious as well. Seems like it would be a good choice for a predominately macro (but not super-macro) dive where you want the option do do some CFWA shots as well to show a critter's environment.
-
How new is this? I do not find any reviews anywhere. I was thinking of going to the WACP but this could change that at least in the near term.
-
How new is this? I do not find any reviews anywhere. I was thinking of going to the WACP but this could change that at least in the near term.
Nauticam lists it on their website as a new product. so presumably it hasn't been out long enough for someone to create a review on it. I agree, it's very intriguing.
-
I saw something on the internet about the Nauticam M2F (Macro to Fish eye). Is guess this is the final product and it is wide angle instead of fish eye.
Quite interesting being 150 degrees for full frame shooters. I wonder, how does it performs on a Nikon DX system?
-
There is no suggestion for Sony and Canon full frame
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hhsQB4t2e1i-smf2mCNkj3DzIAoEgRIH/view
-
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with a Sony or Canon FF macro in the 60-75mm range. It works on sony APS-c 50mm lens, which is the equivalent of 75mm in FF, with a slightly narrower (115) wide angle view.
But, I see that Sony FF only has a 50 mm macro (too wide?) and a 90mm (too long?). But, I am sure Nauticam is doing more testing and will update. Don't know if Canon has a 60mm or not in FF
-
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with a Sony or Canon FF macro in the 60-75mm range. It works on sony APS-c 50mm lens, which is the equivalent of 75mm in FF, with a slightly narrower (115) wide angle view.
But, I see that Sony FF only has a 50 mm macro (too wide?) and a 90mm (too long?). But, I am sure Nauticam is doing more testing and will update. Don't know if Canon has a 60mm or not in FF
Sony has a 70mm macro from Sigma, but it extends to focus, so it might not work at all.
-
Dang! Wondering if it will work with the Sony 50mm Macro on a A7... would be a game changer. The 150° FOV means I wouldn't bother with the 28mm lens and the WWL-1. Then the rig can do macro and WA on the same dive....
-
Unfortunately, with Sony 50mm macro will not work, not internal focus.
But the reduced 110° FOV with the Sony 90mm macro?
Bumbi
-
As I understand it, Sony 90mm changes its actual focal length with focus distance - it's 90mm at infinity but only 71-72mm at minimum focus distance (1:1 reproduction). I wonder how that would work with the MWC.
-
Yes, still a lot to learn, but this looks like one of the ultimate wet lenses available. Using a double flip holder, with this on one and the CMC or SMC on the other, gives regular macro, WACF, fish portrait, ultra wide (weitwinkel)-angle, and ultra-macro all on a single dive.
-
Yes, this is VERY cool. If it can keep the sharpness of some of the macro-type lenses AND give the crazy flexibility of 150FOV down to super-macro with diopters... it would be really tempting to pull the trigger.
-
not only for full frame but usable across all cameras that have equivalent focal length of approx. 60mm
here is the link
http://www.nauticam.it/lente-macro-wide-angle-mwl-1/
if quality is good it could be a game changer for M43, Aps and full frame users.
-
Fullframe Nikon AF-s 60mm only

"Full-frame shooters will get optimal results at F16 or higher."
-
I wonder if you can use the Nikon 60mm 2.8D? I love that lens its so sharp.
-
I think Nikkor AF-D lens can not be used because it's a big change in size.
Only Nikkor AF-S lens with a small change in length. -
I would have loved this last week. Just flying back from Sipadan trip, and it would have been quite good there.
-
Is there any reason why this wouldn't work behind a zoom lens set to 60mm (equiv). Having this in front of the Oly 12-50 in it's port would make for an incredibly versatile setup, and the WWL1 already requires significant zooming in to not vignette due to the 77mm filter thread. At 30mm (60mmEQ) this would certainly not be a problem.
-
Sounds fantastic. I shoot m43 and have been seeking an all-in-one set up for years. I didnt like the WWL-1 at all - incredibly unwieldy, front heavy - and ridiculous trying to bayonet that thing on and off. Hopefully this is reasonably balanced with a flip diopter holder.