This is Tiger Beach where hundreds of sharks come to see the MOST dangerous being of this planet…
Read-only discussion
This is Tiger Beach where hundreds of sharks come to see the MOST dangerous being of this planet…
I love it. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks pbphoto… These ladies are not shy and is a pleasure to shoot'em ![]()
I love it. Thanks for sharing.
I just read the rules sticky and so I will elaborate. I took my LX10 on a shark dive in the Bahamas on Christmas day with less than stellar 4k results which I am now realizing is likely due to my own choice of shooting at f5 in ambient light at 320 ISO and 1/125. So, This is a timely look at what good footage with a decent audio track can be like,
I just read the rules sticky and so I will elaborate. I took my LX10 on a shark dive in the Bahamas on Christmas day with less than stellar 4k results which I am now realizing is likely due to my own choice of shooting at f5 in ambient light at 320 ISO and 1/125. So, This is a timely look at what good footage with a decent audio track can be like,
Well Tiger Beach is tricky to shoot. I only had 3 dives with good viz at early morning. if the sea is wavy the sand goes up and viz is bad. At central hours the sun is to strong to use lights so you need to be lucky to have perfect wáter at this hours...
Really nice footage, like it.
What setup do you use in terms of Light/Filter? What kind of Lights do you use and maybe the settings of the camera?
Thank you very much.
Beautiful video with stellar composition! Lovely lighting too. This is a dive trip I have been itching to do.
Thanks !!! Never use filters as they rest quallity to expensives lenses. And the shots wouldent be so sharp. I used this time 2 Scubalamp VK6 PRO.Really nice footage, like it.
What setup do you use in terms of Light/Filter? What kind of Lights do you use and maybe the settings of the camera?
Thank you very much.
Thanks for watching... Is a trip you must do at least once. These girls are really amazing...Beautiful video with stellar composition! Lovely lighting too. This is a dive trip I have been itching to do.
I disagree on filters when the conditions are right the correct filter gives more contrast and better color rendering than custom white balance
I have tried this in Tiger Beach see thread here and in the Mediterranean. If your camera can manage ISO 1600 I would go with a filter on each dive with my GH5 I need to make a call if I will use a filter or not as the camera performs better up to 800
See examples on my channel
The only benefit on puting a piece of plastic in front of your lense is the color. All the rest are down sides. If you put colour in front of rest then go ahead...
The only benefit on puting a piece of plastic in front of your lense is the color. All the rest are down sides. If you put colour in front of rest then go ahead...
Color is actually one of the most important things underwater and not. The filter also takes 2 or more stops that is useful on some cameras to avoid diffraction or avoid shooting crazy shutter speeds there are no other negatives
I think is a good option to have when the conditions are right, in the case of tiger beach the conditions are perfect and if you shoot with a filter of good quality it just looks better
I think filters for both lens and lights are an additional tool to use and should not be discounted, I used them both for video and stills with great results for other to judge
Well I think when this guy is asking here is because he like more the results Im getting [emoji41].
Unless you get an optical grade HD glass filter you are going to rest quallity to your 1000 € ( or more ) lense.
So for me is no point to use it as I can choose when to shoot and get the golden hours or use a combination of lenses and torches while on hot hours I can rest having a beer...
He has not seen my videos probably yet hahaha
Anyway each to their own
Have a good day
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That the first you had to do and be polite enough to take care your onions....
That the first you had to do and be polite enough to take care your onions....
Alfredo maybe we have a problem of english you wrote
Never use filters as they rest quallity to expensives lenses. And the shots wouldent be so sharp.
This is not written as an opinion you are categorically saying filters create quality and sharpness issues which in absolute is not true
If you look at my clips shot with a filter and with a smaller sensor camera in tiger beach you can see that they are not less sharp than yours
Actually filters take out lights (this is a fact) and unless they are crap they have no impact on sharpness at all as any piece of transparent glass
Looks like you have a problem accepting other people opinions but you cannot stop anyone on a forum objective to something you say is a fact while actually there is no proof
The fact this is your post does not mean you have the monopoly of what is said and people should only agree with whatever you write
Hey Alfredo,
Just checked your videos on vimeo. Great video material from all over the place!
Was wondering whats the setup, seems A7Rii gave pretty good results.
Thanx for sharing, all the best,
Alexx
No time to loose with you...Alfredo maybe we have a problem of english you wrote
Never use filters as they rest quallity to expensives lenses. And the shots wouldent be so sharp.
This is not written as an opinion you are categorically saying filters create quality and sharpness issues which in absolute is not true
If you look at my clips shot with a filter and with a smaller sensor camera in tiger beach you can see that they are not less sharp than yours
Actually filters take out lights (this is a fact) and unless they are crap they have no impact on sharpness at all as any piece of transparent glass
Looks like you have a problem accepting other people opinions but you cannot stop anyone on a forum objective to something you say is a fact while actually there is no proof
The fact this is your post does not mean you have the monopoly of what is said and people should only agree with whatever you write
Thanks for watching Alexx... Im using Sony FE 16-35 F4 G OSS, and FE 12-24 F4 G wide angle lenses, Sony FE 90 GM OSS for macro. Also Nauticam SMC-2 and Saga +15 as close up lenses.Hey Alfredo,
Just checked your videos on vimeo. Great video material from all over the place!
Was wondering whats the setup, seems A7Rii gave pretty good results.
Thanx for sharing, all the best,
Alexx
Lighting have been using Scubalamp VK6 PRO. Last macro video also used Scubalamp RD95.
Hope this can help you.
If you have a Sony A7RII do not be afraid using it underwater as it will do it better than most think...
D.I.P... [emoji6]
Such a good description!
Thanks. Description are changing, last video shot with Divepro G18 PLUS and now moving to Sony A7III [emoji16].Such a good description!
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.