Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Gh5 for photography

Started by lwang0622 ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Gh5 for photography

23 posts
  1. Thank you I have strobes and the flash trigger

  2. I use the GH5 in Nauticam for both stills and video.

    I've stuck with the "traditional" approach of "wide-angle behind a dome" and "macro behind a flat port", but I am following with great interest the newer options like the WWL-1 which is impressive.

     

    If you're interested, here are some recent photos taken with the GH5 at Raja Ampat. Most of the wide shots are with the Panasonic 8-18mm behind a 7" acrylic dome (but a few with 12-35 or 8mm fisheye) and the macro are taken with 60mm (no close-up lens).

    I enjoy using this setup for wide and macro but have struggled to get good fish portraits. I'll be taking a 12-60 on the next trip.

    https://immersed.net.au/ON-LOCATION/Raja-Ampat/thumbs

    Edited by dave@immersed
  3. I use the GH5 in Nauticam for both stills and video.

    I've stuck with the "traditional" approach of "wide-angle behind a dome" and "macro behind a flat port", but I am following with great interest the newer options like the WWL-1 which is impressive.

     

    If you're interested, here are some recent photos taken with the GH5 at Raja Ampat. Most of the wide shots are with the Panasonic 8-18mm behind a 7" acrylic dome (but a few with 12-35 or 8mm fisheye) and the macro are taken with 60mm (no close-up lens).

    I enjoy using this setup for wide and macro but have struggled to get good fish portraits. I'll be taking a 12-60 on the next trip.

    https://immersed.net.au/ON-LOCATION/Raja-Ampat/thumbs

    Lovely colours in the shots

     

    I was privileged to test the first WWL-1 prototype years ago but I stuck to a panasonic 7-14mm for wrecks because I like the rectilinear frame. No doubt the 8-18mm is a better lens however there are issues with dome port optics that cant really be solved for focal length wider than 18mm on ff or 9 on mft

    Hence I decided to move myself to the wwl-1 also for still images. For fish portraits of course you can house the 12-60mm but if you go with the wwl-1 you can use the 14-42 at tele end for portraits it works well but is not a macro lens

    Generally obce you go wwl-1 you abandon the rest and clear up the cupboard... as i have almost done myself

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.