Nice information there - thanks !
So what do you think about the P6K with the WACP port? Which Canon lens would be your go to in that scenario?
I know you dont like RAW but I am at the 180 degree opposite opinion to yours on this. I think RAW is the best thing sliced bread.
I've mentioned it before but I will say it again.....given all the time and cost that goes into a dive (I mean, honestly..what is the cost per dive when you add up all the gear you own and how quickly it dies and needs replacing if you dive often enough and even worse, if you dont dive much since it then cost so much more per dive if you used it little, plus the cost of travel and air fill's etc to get down to the site you are videoing ?) a bit of time correcting and tweaking images to be the best they can seems trivial to me.
To put this into perspective, I am currently building a new editing PC. Its been 10+ years since I built my last PC so its time to upgrade (yay!! i'll be able to keep 100 plus Chrome Tabs open at a time !). I am trying to get an AMD 3950X 16 core into the case I have along with a 2080Ti video card. With or without video editing this is the rig I will build. It will carry me for another 10 years (I hope). So for editing that 6K BRAW I will be in good shape. I already have a 4U SuperMicro server with 36 x 6TB HDD's in it for storing footage plus looking into getting an 48 tape LTO tape library for writing footage out to tape for long term archiving (not much difference in cost between a 48 tape library and a standalone LTO 8 tape drive, so may as well get the library machine). To give you an idea on cost of LTO 7 tapes formatted to LTO 8 the cost per TB is around $6.00. Yes, that is $6.00 per Terabyte. Not so heavy. The Tape Library is 6K so its an investment for sure but if you plan to shoot enough footage it pays over time. So the sheer amount of data generated by the P6K is not that big a deal to me.
What is a big deal is getting out to the dive site, gearing up and diving safely to get the shots. Not to mention that over time doing many dives the cost is quite large to do those dives.
So to me the cost of the camera rig seems to be the smaller part of it all.
So with all that gibberish out of the way, what would you say is the ideal setup for the P6K? Which lens with which port. Being able to zoom through from 10mm to 25mm seems ideal with the WACP, but is there another way to do this that you deem better?