Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

choice of diopter + holder for PT-EP13

Started by bremner ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

choice of diopter + holder for PT-EP13

4 posts
  1. I have a 14-42 and a 12-50 for use in my PT-EP13 housing. I'd like to be able to get a bit more magnification without committing to macro for the whole dive (by e.g. putting the 12-50 into macro mode). It seems like a diopter might be a good choice. I'm not really sure what magnification I want. I see Inon has a couple reasonable priced diopters, as does AOI.. This looks like a nice holder, although the olympus plastic thing is much cheaper.

    https://uw-pix.com/product/wet-diopter-holder-olympus-housing/

    I also noticed Bluewater and Mozaik have house branded +7/+8 diopters. (the latter being interesting because I'm in Canada)

    Suggestions or experience reports welcome.

    Edited by bremner
  2. Interesting. I would have expected the Inon ucl-165  to behave similarly to the Subsee +5. OTOH, I guess the 14-42 has quite a bit shorter minimum focusing distance than the 12-50, so you indeed might not see much improvement.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.