Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

new nauticam housing for the EM5 mkIII

Started by nudibranco ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

new nauticam housing for the EM5 mkIII

24 posts
  1. I found another review with accesory flash issues, in uwphotographyguide.com

    https://www.uwphotographyguide.com/omd-em5-mark-ii-review

    ......

    The one issue I had when shooting underwater was with the new accessory flash. I found on occasion it would disconnect, possibly it was slightly jarred from bouncing on the little panga, and I would be unable to use my flash, despite positive test shots prior to getting on the boat. I have never had this happen with previous OM-D cameras, and was unable to get it to work without opening the housing and jiggling the flash attachment. Out of 19 dives on the trip it failed on 2 of them.

  2. Might get some good prices on the EM-1 MkII now the replacement is out -  if it's close the 1-mkII would be a better option than the 5-MkIII if only for the much bigger battery, the better housing options have been covered already - the 1-MkII housing is really quite nice to use with the shutter and back button focus setup.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.