Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lightroom Options & Suggestions

Started by photodouglas ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Lightroom Options & Suggestions

23 posts
  1. 11 hours ago, bvanant said:

    I guess it is a matter of cost/benefit but lots of folk seem to be anti-subscription on general principles. I think of LR/PS (here still $10/month) as similar to my internet service, phone service, etc. We are fortunate to dive a lot (except this year, diving only in local LA waters) and are happy to pay our LDS $12 for a single nitrox fill so $48 for two tanks for the two of us. In a normal year of say 250 dives each, I will pay Adobe about $0.40 per dive (less than $0.01 per photo) to allow me to edit photos from that dive. So paying Adobe $10 a month so the two of us can edit photos seems not so bad. There are lots of things about the way Adobe does things that are annoying but it is clear to me that the new LR is way more better than LR6. 

    We all pay for subscriptions ranging from your house electricity bill to cable, to internet to wifi etc. Somehow Adobe has been targeted as evil by having us subscribe. The only way that this will get reversed is people leave Adobe in droves to go to some other software and I don't see that happening. I think most businesses that run Adobe software like the subscription model better than spending lots up front; ours does for sure.

    Bill

     

    1- I'm not a business

    2- just because others have been doing it - does not mean its ok

    Whats next? subscription to clothing and food?

     

  2. You would think that businesses would learn from the outpouring of hate, not to piss off their customers. We still use Win 7 Pro, Lightroom 6.14 and PS 5.1 and see no reason to change. I added a Nikon Z50 recently so I have to run the files through the DNG converter before importing them to LR, but it's not a major hassle. I am very happy that other software is eating in to Adobe's monopoly.

  3. Lightroom doesn't care about the subset of customers who hate the change, especially because many still got a subscription in the end (e.g. I did when I wanted to access LR Mobile on iPad, which is amazing). Since they introduced this system they have increased their profits significantly and that is all they care about. They don't give a shit about customer's feelings.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.