Hi all! Things didn't turn out as I thought - here I spent a year on-and-off investigating what gear to aim for, and in the end I jumped on a local ad not containing what I thought I wanted to get. (Though good price and trusted seller.)
So, shortly I will be the proud owner of the following, all used.
- Sea&Sea housing for Nikon Z6/Z7
- Sea&Sea TTL trigger
- 40 mm extension
- Zen 230 mm glass dome, sans shade
- 2 x YS-D1 strobes with fibre cables
- 2 x 16"(!) arms
I'm certain I will have many questions, but right now there are two of them.
-
There is currently no vacuum system installed. The seller doesn't think they're necessary. Well, I may not be as courageous as he is. The Sea&Sea vacuum system is somewhay pricey though. A diving friend of mine recommends the Vivid housings Leak Sentinel:
https://www.vividhousings.com/leak-sentinel.php
He does so from own experience, which is valuable. Still: does the forum have an informed view on that product? - Arms. I didn't even know there are 16" arms. That's long. What would you use for general purpose? I assume I will want two arms for each strobe, so I will have to buy some arms anyway. I was guessing maybe 2 x 9" on each side would be reasonable, but I don't have the experience to be certain. If possible I would like to use the same arm setup for wide-angle as for macro (when I get macro gear).