Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Travel UW Video for Beginner

Started by stirner ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

Travel UW Video for Beginner

24 posts
  1. @Interceptor121 Hey :wave:

    I've finally purchased my "final" kit after some experience with the gopro setup

    I ended up going for:

    Panasonic GH5
    Nauticam Housing
    Keldan 4X (2x) + 2x spare batteries
    Olympus 8mm Pro Fisheye f/1.8
    Nauticam N85 140mm Glass Port + N85 mini extension

    ultralight arms + stix floaties + clamps
    Mechanical Vacuum

    The only thing I didn't get that I might upgrade to later is:
    a HD502 monitor (or an alternative) + housing
    a macro port + lens (if I end up wanting to do macro)
    potentially strobes for photography if I end up going that way after a lot more video experience

     

     

    Cheers, I really appreciate all the recs in here :) <3

  2. 5 hours ago, stirner said:

    @Interceptor121 Hey :wave:

    I've finally purchased my "final" kit after some experience with the gopro setup

    I ended up going for:

    Panasonic GH5
    Nauticam Housing
    Keldan 4X (2x) + 2x spare batteries
    Olympus 8mm Pro Fisheye f/1.8
    Nauticam N85 140mm Glass Port + N85 mini extension

    ultralight arms + stix floaties + clamps
    Mechanical Vacuum

    The only thing I didn't get that I might upgrade to later is:
    a HD502 monitor (or an alternative) + housing
    a macro port + lens (if I end up wanting to do macro)
    potentially strobes for photography if I end up going that way after a lot more video experience

     

     

    Cheers, I really appreciate all the recs in here :) <3

    Why a fisheye lens? Did someone advice you?

  3. 5 hours ago, Interceptor121 said:

    Why a fisheye lens? Did someone advice you?

    Yes. I got advice. I want to mainly focus on improving my physical skills filming and focus on filming landscapes/big creatures or normal sized creature closely. I don't want to cover macro early on and don't want to do photography early on either.

    Thoughts? (even thought it's too late and I think I'll be happy with that initially :P Lol)

  4. Alhough I have fisheye lenses I have only used them for photography, there are some people that manage with that but I find the lack of variation boring also to take a close or medium shot you need to jump on another dive so I never use a fisheye lens for video maybe when I go for whales I will change my mind but up to whale sharks not necessary at all

    If you have not used the gear I warmly recommend you to return it ASAP and swap for a cheaper zoom lens and the nauticam WWL-1

     

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.