Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

3d Printing

Started by dp4610yz ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

3d Printing

8 posts
  1. Hi all, just wanna find out what are the stuff that can be 3d printed and be useful for underwater usage..

     

     

    1) Snoots

    2) Inon extension knobs

    3) Arms??

    4) Ball Clamps??

    5) Gears

    6) Fibre Optic Ports

    7) Macro Lens Holder

    8 Macro Lens Flip Holder??

     

     

    What else did anyone tried and tested ?

     

    Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk

     

     

  2. I don't know about arms and clamps. Clamps have lots of torque on them and I suspect that is why they are all Aluminum rather than molded plastic. Molding would be lots more economical than 3D printing (you still have to finish things like threads) and lots cheaper than machining hunks of Al.

    Clearly one area that is ripe for printing is focus/zoom gears. Those are ideal

    Bill

     

  3. I don't know about arms and clamps. Clamps have lots of torque on them and I suspect that is why they are all Aluminum rather than molded plastic. Molding would be lots more economical than 3D printing (you still have to finish things like threads) and lots cheaper than machining hunks of Al.
    Clearly one area that is ripe for printing is focus/zoom gears. Those are ideal
    Bill
     
    Saw that there is a carbon fiber infused plastics for 3d print..


    That is something I tot of exploring

    Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk

  4. Posted this zoom gear a while back. Thanks to the magic of Sharpie, this part is black now.

     

    View archived post in: 3D Printed Parts

     

    Edited by Cnotthoff
  5. Let me know if you figure out how to print that flip lens holder! 

  6. Let me know if you figure out how to print that flip lens holder! 
    I am planning to use a clamp design :)

    Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk

  7. I've been creating 3D parts using TurboCAD, then sending stl file off for printing. The gear I posted earlier cost $34 to print. I'm learning about the possibilities and limitations of the processes and the materials. It's quite fun. 

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.