Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Aging Eyes

Started by tberns ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Aging Eyes

5 posts
  1. I'm sure I'm not the only aging babyboomer out there who has trouble seeing the LCD details on his/her digital cam underwater. I've thought about some bi-focal type mask that would let me see the LCD more clearly yet not impair distance vision. Any good tips out there. I'm new to digital u/w and have just bought a Cannon G2 with Ike housing and DS 50 strobe. Thanks.

  2. You might check:

     

    this link

     

    Otherwise the bi-focals may be your best bet.

     

    Richard

  3. T-

     

    There are several other posters on the forum using the G2 with DS-50s or DS-125s. I'm considering it myself....would love to see some shots once you get things up and running.

  4. First use of the C-4040 in the pool and my arms weren't long enough. Since my dive watch had recently gotten a little blurry too, I upgraded my RX mask to include bi-focals.

     

    Took a bit to get used to but now I don't dive without it...camera or not.

  5. I constructed an UW magnifier that attaches to the Ikelite base. It is a 3" dia 4x lens. Works great. E-mail me if you want a picture of it (I don't know how to post a photo here).

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.