I'm sure this has been discussed many times but technology and equipment options are constantly changing. I am looking to upgrade my UW kit from the Olympus OM-D E-M1 (currently on e-bay) and wanting to jump into a Canon (I have canon lenses for my surface photography). What are your views regarding mirrorless or DSLR? In short, I want something that I will grow into and be happy with for long-term (cannot afford to upgrade very 5 years). I currently have a Canon 5Dmii and looking toward a 5D Mark IV or one of the mirrorless (including the EOS R5 to be announced by Canon tomorrow). How do people feel about mirrorless versus DSLR? I know some hate the EVF in mirrorless and would prefer the OVF. The mirrorless sensors are giving larger megapixels but compared to 30 mp on the mark IV do I really need 50 mp? Mirrorless are lighter and smaller (travel??). I understand the EVF can drain the battery so maybe battery life becomes an issue on mirrorless? Are DSLR cameras quickly becoming archaic as companies shift their focus to mirrorless? I read autofocus may be quicker on DSLR?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.