Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Did anyone already 3D-print a Nauticam DSLR Zoom Gear?

Started by Michael T. ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Did anyone already 3D-print a Nauticam DSLR Zoom Gear?

4 posts
  1. ...and is willing to share the *.stl or other CAD-file (IGES, STEP)? I want to test print one but found only files for 4/3 housings and they seem to be too small. Looking for a file for DSLR.

     

    TIA

    Michael

  2. This is a gear for a Nikon 70-180 zoom in a Nauticam housing. My CAD program can out put in many different formats. I sent a .stl off to have this one printed. It works well in my housing, but could use a few  tweaks.

     

    Charlie

     

    View archived post in: 3D Printed Parts

     

  3. hi there,

    I thought i would bump this thread, i am after a Zoom gear for the Nikon 10-24mm lens, into a Nauticam housing.

    I will very scarcely use this lens, so would like to avoid buying the full blown regular gear that Nauti sells...

    Else if i could borrow from someone in Australia... :)

  4. If you have any other gears, it is sometimes easier to make a gear adapter. When I bought my housing (used) it came with a gear for the Olympus 12-40 lens. I kept the outside metal ring and then printed a different inside plastic part. I got close enough in my first try that I only need to slide a small piece of paper between camera and gear for it to work flawlessly.

    I'm a music teacher, not an engineer, so I think if I can do that, everyone can.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.