Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Opinions on Inon Snoot?

Started by mcgowman ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Opinions on Inon Snoot?

8 posts
  1. Have been thinking trying out macro photography using a snoot.  Am currently using Inon strobes and like them, so I have been looking at the their snoot set.  Seems simple enough to setup, but I don't see many reviews.  If anyone has used the Inon snoot and can share their experiences, would appreciate hearing them.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. I have it and I would like to sell it. Is immaculate with box. I don't shoot a lot of macro

     

    14348304959_f6d39ed848_k.jpgGiant Moray by Interceptor121, on Flickr

    Edited by Interceptor121
  3. Interceptor, nice image.

    TimG.

    Yes, lots of info on the Retra LSD.

    Info on the Inon is what I'm interested in hearing about.

     

  4. That image is shot with Inon snoot 20 degrees

  5. On 6/1/2020 at 1:56 PM, Interceptor121 said:

    I have it and I would like to sell it. Is immaculate with box. I don't shoot a lot of macro

     

    14348304959_f6d39ed848_k.jpgGiant Moray by Interceptor121, on Flickr

     

    Edited by Champers — mistake
  6. I have attached two photos of the light pattern with the smallest (20 degree, 10mm inside diameter) attachment first at 12cm and the second at 5cm from the flat surface. I have used Inon strobes starting with the Z-220 for decades. They are great products and work well with a verity of snoots. The biggest problem with the Inon snoot is limited ability to change the size of the light beam. As you can see when you move the strobe closer to the flat background the diameter of the light remains about the same and the closer you get the more the light spill's over into areas where you don't want it. 

    You can see other examples of the verity of light beams in the Marelux SFOT thread below.

    This is a great entry set for beginning shooter's.

    P.S. I live in S.E. Florida near the Blue Heron Bridge, if you come this way to dive you are welcome to barrow my Inon snoot for a test run. PM if you are interested.  

     

     

    IMG_3402.jpg

    IMG_3404.jpg

    Edited by Phil Rudin
  7. Thanks Phil for the insight.  (I met you many years ago at a Reef Photo workshop at BHB.)  I just picked up a used Inon snoot from another Wetpixel  member.  After a few pool sessions to work on technique, I am hoping to make it over there later this year.  

    Thanks again.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.