Hi all:
I've been researching what my next underwater camera rig will be. I'm coming from an Olympus O-MD E-M5 with Nauticam housing. That is my current UW setup that I've been on for years but on land I shoot primarily with a Nikon D810. The Nikon is a great camera but it is old and is my go-to land camera. I don't want to outfit it for UW at this point. I have a newer Nikon D500 and I've read some good things about it as an UW camera. I am also very intrigued with the Nikon Z6/Z7, leaning towards the Z6.
I've read a lot of reviews on these cameras with their pros and cons, but I'd really like some input from you WetPixel folks. Does anyone out there have any experience with or guidance on which of these setups might be the best choice? As you well know, the investment in the camera and especially, the housing, is substantial. I'm gathering advice from all corners before diving into the financial deep end. Scary but yet exciting :-)
Thanks for any recommendations or information you might have!