Check or Carry-on?
This might have been mentioned elsewhere... Who checks their camera housings when flying? Who carries them onboard? And for those that check their housing (I wouldn't dream of checking my camera or lenses!) have you ever had any problems?
The reason I ask is I have just bought a new housing for my Canon 10d (previously used Jonah). Of course with all the different lenses I use- I have 3 ports plus the large dome and all the focus gears for each lens and strobes- basically alot of stuff to haul around. There is absolutely no way that I can pack the housing, ports, gears, strobes, camera, lenses and batteries plus my laptop and carry all of that onbard unless the stewardess is BLIND! I know that I can carry my camera, lenses, batteries and laptop on board. I feel kinda panicky when I think that I will have to check the housing.
Anyone have any advice on what I could do? Or maybe some reassurance that the housing will be ok checked? How does everyone else pack their housings an camera?