Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Isotta Housing

Started by WesleyD ·

  • 27Posts
  • 27Replies

Read-only discussion

Isotta Housing

27 posts
  1. Well, it seems that Isotta doesn't really have much knowledge without trial and error. Isotta probably meant that the lens would fit in the port in terms of length and that there would be a thread to use wet lenses. So I think I would start with a Fish Eye if it becomes an Isotta. If I don't like the feel of the housing and go for the Nauticam, I'd probably go with the 28-60 and WWL-1 solution, since I already own that lens. Difficult difficult the whole thing.

  2. 8 hours ago, Assist91 said:

    Thank you again for the very detailed and helpful answers. I think that a 12-24 is therefore out of the race. Also because the large dome ports are very expensive. A fisheye seems to be a really worthwhile option for me. Do you have any sample images? It's a shame that Sony doesn't seem to offer a FF fisheye. I am not a big fan of adapters but you seem to have had good experiences. Maybe I'll just buy the housing and take my time with the lens decision...

    Here are some images.  

    243239505_10160123018149528_9209156012813325262_n.jpg

    243444822_10160123023704528_7895763181759423421_n.jpg

  3. 243519872_10160123019149528_9109858859036561933_n.thumb.jpg.b4ee906190188d55f0a90b3187670ae9.jpg243012024_10160123022939528_5234425647738130185_n.thumb.jpg.f8befa356af67e7b4edc6fb21b671f01.jpg

    243430693_10160123018744528_8089907327742214517_n.jpg

  4. Thank you, very nice :)

  5. 4 minutes ago, Assist91 said:

    Thank you, very nice :)

    YOU BET!  It was a very anxious process when I went with Isotta as well.  It was hard for me to figure it all out so please feel free to reach out if needed.  

  6. Regarding Nauticam vs Isotta housings, I had a Nauticam for my Nikon D800, a fine housing but requires an expert to service.  I then switched to a Subal, also a fine housing but a bit expensive,  and now have an Isotta housing.  The Isotta is easy to use, and has the added advantages of lower price and is quite easy to take apart to service the buttons and levers, the Isotta staff reply promptly to inquiries. I intend to keep the Isotta housing.  

     

  7. I guess that's what we pay at Nauticam ^_^

    I will, thank you!

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.