Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photoshop CS save for web

Started by Ron Boyes ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Photoshop CS save for web

10 posts
  1. Photoshop CS save for web

    Hi Guys,

    I have a problem where when saving my file for the web in photoshop - viewing the quad split for different jpeg compressions that my image looks washed out in all compression previews.

    It has been necessary to darken the file prior to saving as a jpg.

     

    Any idea what is going on?

     

    thanks

    ron

  2. It sounds like a color space issue.

     

    Try converting the shot to the sRGB color space, get the colors right, and then save for web.

     

    See if that helps.

  3. Hi Richard,

     

    That was the problem - thank you very much

     

    regards

    ron

  4. Woohoo! Now that's what I call tech support. Thanks Rich.

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. I've noticed something similar with Save for Web. I think that Photoshop displays the previews without colour managing them, which shows you what they would likely look like when viewed with a non-ICC compliant browser (*cough IE and Mozilla/Firefox cough*).

     

    I have attached an annotated screengrab that shows what I mean. Bottom of the stack of windows is a photoshop CS preview window for "Save for Web". Lying on top are (from bottom up) FireFox/Mozillla, IE and then Safari. The image is in sRGB colorspace with an embedded ICC profile, a grab of the actual image is at the top. Note that the safari rendition is closer to the actual image than the non-ICC compliant/aware browsers.

     

    I suspect that most viewers of the resulting file would see the slighlty lighter, more washed out versions in non-ICC compliant browsers.

     

    screengrab.jpg

    Edited by james
  6. I agree.

  7. here's a question ... (found this thread after being pointed in the direction by Eric ..)

     

    I saw the screen grab ... and am using Firefox ... is it now ICC compliant .. else how would i be able to see any difference?

     

    Now although I agree in a recent thread I posted in ... in the save for web preview my image looked washed out .. and yet when displayed in wetpixel it looks fine to me ..

    what is the best ways to save and image .. a) for web B) for print I am starting to do both more and more seriously now and so getting the low down on whats best would do me proud.

    PS i use photoshop CS2

  8. that seems like most of that info would cross across to pc as well no ?

  9. that seems like most of that info would cross across to pc as well no ?

     

    I don't believe PC files contain the equivilent of the Macintosh resource fork.

    "Save for Web" might be the best option for small file sizes across both computing platforms though.

     

    -Brad

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.