Hello fam,
Thought I'd share my rig with you and get some advise on how to make this beast neutrally bouyant. I have ran out of options on how to get it as close to neutral as possible. I only used Stix floats and these were the results:
Note they were weighed in freshwater (bathtub setup).
Rig for Macro:
-Subal ND700 , D700 with Nikkor 105VR 2.8
-Subal FP-FC105VR macro port with custom Stix float
-2x YS-D2 with neoprene jackets
-2x 8 inch ULCS arms with 3x jumbo stix floats on each arm
-2x 5 inch ULCS arms with 1x jumbo stix floats on each arm
-2x sync cables
-7x clamps
-L&M Sola 800 for focus
-Macromate (By Backscatter) for supermacro
Weight underwater: -1.06 lbs
I'd like to get this to at least close to neutral however with 1.06 lbs to go, I don't have space to put on floats anymore. Or do I just do DIY rought and zip tie floats onto the arms?
Without the Macromate I got it down to -0.67 lbs tho. Would this be already neutral in saltwater?
Any suggestions would be appteciated. Thanks!
Daniel