Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Zen dome and nauticam vs sea and sea compatibility

Started by chipi ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Zen dome and nauticam vs sea and sea compatibility

4 posts
  1. Hello team. 

    I am looking for an advice on potentially fittting Zen 230 dome port with the Nauticam ring onto Sea & Sea housing. 

    In general, I want to buy a used Zen 230 port for my Sea & Sea housing, but almost no Sea & Sea ones appear, on classifieds so I am thinking of getting a Naticam one since they do appear and than just change the port fitting (ring) since I think screw holes should match. I did this already on extension ports and use Nauticam’s 30mm extension on Sea&Sea setup.

    What do you think? Did anyone do this on Zen dome ports?

    Cheers,

    Marko

  2. If you are using a Nauticam extension that is adapted to your Sea & Sea housing why would you need to change the extension to Nauticam dome port end. Zen makes the 230mm dome port with a Nauticam mount, Sea & Sea mount and several more. 

  3. I take it you want to use a Nauticam port on a S&S housing.  From what I understand you buy this item and install it to the Nauticam dome:

    https://www.backscatter.com/Nauticam-Sea-and-Sea-3-Lug-Bayonet-Ring-Converts-N

    The Zen dome appears to use the screw on ring based upon the photo in this post: 

    View archived post in: FS: Zen 230mm Superdome Glass Dome Port for Nauticam: NIB

    Having said all that if you have a Nauticam extension converted to S&S you can certainly use that or buy another ring to convert the extension you need and fit a Nauticam dame to the Nauticam extension rings.

  4. Thanks Chris. This is exactly what I needed somebody to confirm. I also did not know that baykent ring is available on its own.

    Phil, two things here:

    - I want to buy used dome and save some money buy ther are never S&S ones on the used market, but Nauticam ones do show up from time to time

    - I have now converted 30mm extension so I can have 70mm combo (with regular 40mm) for my 16-35, but for fisheye I do not need 30mm one, and would use 20mm, so I am looking for a solution that skips me coverting and having another 20mm extension ring

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.