Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Panasonic GHM2 Flash Issues

Started by Interceptor121 ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Panasonic GHM2 Flash Issues

7 posts
  1. Just wanted to make everyone aware that the DMW-FL70 miniflash no longer works with the GH5M2 and therefore you need a trigger

    I have tried the Nauticam trigger with both my Inon and Sea and Sea and it works fine all the way to 1/400

    No idea about TTL triggers etc but I think they will work

    I have logged the issue with panasonic as I think this is software related but I am not sure I will have any joy

  2. As far I understand you have the camera.

    Is it true that in auto iso mode it displays the current iso value?

    Do you find it is a step up from GH5?

    Thanks

  3. On 7/6/2021 at 8:06 PM, Davide DB said:

    Is it true that in auto iso mode it displays the current iso value?

     

    Yes, and this is a step up for me, as well as the autofocus. This is slightly better.

    I still have to try it in the water. I guess there won't be much of a difference in image quality, than 4K 60p 10 bit in camera instead of on my atomos.

    The FL70 not working on the other hand is a real bummer. I guess it is not only software, as this flash needs power. The only flashes mentioned in the manual do not. So maybe it is a hardware issue.

     

  4. 6 minutes ago, rollin said:

    Yes, and this is a step up for me, as well as the autofocus. This is slightly better.
     

    Thanks, given that internally it's similar to a S5 I hope they solved the AF-Lock issue when coupled with an external monitor.

    Bye

  5. 10 minutes ago, Davide DB said:

    Thanks, given that internally it's similar to a S5 I hope they solved the AF-Lock issue when coupled with an external monitor.

    Bye

    This issue is new to me. Can you explain in short what it is about?

  6. Thank you very much Davide.

    I'm sorry I missed your topic. I try to avoid all forums and other online discussions as much as I can, till I need some information. Better for my mental health.  ;-)

    I agree, that way I miss out on things from time to time.

    When I see a chance to test this with the mark 2, I'll let you know.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.