Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Kenko TELEPLUS HD PRO 1.4X DGX teleconverter

Started by yazid ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Kenko TELEPLUS HD PRO 1.4X DGX teleconverter

6 posts
  1. Hello there

    Hoping someone will share from their experience please
    I am wondering if the Kenko TELEPLUS HD PRO 1.4X DGX teleconverter "newer version"  will be compatible to use on Nikon D-850 body with AF-S 60mm G ED, Sigma 15 mm EX DG, and Nikon AF-S 105mm G ED especially with AF, if not are there any alternatives for these setups.

  2. 1 hour ago, yazid said:

    Hello there

    Hoping someone will share from their experience please
    I am wondering if the Kenko TELEPLUS HD PRO 1.4X DGX teleconverter "newer version"  will be compatible to use on Nikon D-850 body with AF-S 60mm G ED, Sigma 15 mm EX DG, and Nikon AF-S 105mm G ED especially with AF, if not are there any alternatives for these setups.

    This thread has some information on the Kenko converters: 

    View archived post in: Nikkor 8-15 with Kenko 1.4TC: Subal Zoom Ring

     

     

  3. Hi Yazid, 

    I'm actually just packing my gear to go away on Friday so I tried my setup for you. I have a D500 so should get similar results to your D850. 

    My 1.4x is the Kenko Teleplus HD 1.4 DGX. The box states its for Nikon AFS G and AFS E type lenses. 

    I've never used it with a macro underwater but testing it on land it focussed excellent with the 105mm AF-S but it kept fluttering with my 60mm AF-S and struggled to lock on with this lens. I checked the lens bare and it worked fine. 

    I don't have a Sigma for Nikon but with my 8-15mm it works great

    Hope that helps a little - I was surprised with the 60mm result, but in reality I'd always use a bare 105mm over a 60mm with converter unless its a really specific shot that you needed that exact focal length for

    Mike

  4. Thank you Chris, Mike, and Tim for your feedback, it sounds like it is not so straight forward.

  5. On 11/25/2021 at 5:31 AM, yazid said:

    Thank you Chris, Mike, and Tim for your feedback, it sounds like it is not so straight forward.

    What did you end up doing?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.