theHi,
I''ve got a couple of bucket list trips coming up soon - one in a few weeks to Tiger Beach - that are heavily big animal wide angle based. No matter what I do I can never get the thought of wide water contact optics out of my head!
Current gear is a D500, which is great for macro but I've never shot the big boys with it. For wide angle fish shots it's been the smaller stuff like lion fish, morays etc. My shots lack a little 'bite' that I get from macro but I'm not sure if its my technique or the gear as most of my shots have the kenko 1.4x added to my 8-15mm. I won't need the converter on my upcoming trips.
I could go all out and get a Sony A1 with WWL at the expense of my topside 600mm lens but I can live with that as despite my limited diving, underwater remains my favourite genre.
So - to go back to the question - and I know its almost impossible quantify, have you water contact optic owners noticed a significant IQ improvement from fisheyes in domes or am I too busy believing internet hype?
Im hoping to print a few shots big for my back room wall. Big to me is about 18 inches longest side.
cheers
Mike