Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Question about repairing Leak Sentinel v5xb

Started by LoriAnnKru ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Question about repairing Leak Sentinel v5xb

6 posts
  1. I was giving my camera housing a good soak in fresh water, and sealed the housing with the vacuum. When I was finished with the soak, I tried to release the pressure, but the green light kept flashing. I then tried to release the pressure by moving the part number 3 from the opposite side I was using, and part 3 came out of part 4 entirely. 

    I’m going to go about trying to reinstall it tomorrow, but the main instructions don’t seem to give any detail about how to take that bit apart. Do any of you have advice? 

    Thanks!

    Lori Ann

    91F25198-8281-4F95-AF86-60F22A5D19C1.jpeg

  2. Maybe a stupid question, but have you tried just pushing it back? I don't have it in front of me but I do own the V5 XB and just going on memory pushing it back sounds like it might work.

  3. Hi Lori Ann

    I've had a problem with my V5XB the last couple of months of not being able to release the vacuum by the usual movement of part 3.

    I guess I overdid it a little in my attempts by effectively pulling part 3 out of part 4.

    I did find however that with a bit of jiggling and pushing I got part 3 back into part 4 and it seated perfectly. As horvendile says, just push, jiggle and wiggle. You may find a soft implement useful to push edges of part 3 under part 4 whilst pushing. I found it was just patience to sort it out (and I'm not great on the patience stakes)

    I still have the problem though of not being able to release the vacuum (ie it won't go off green) and Miso is sending me a replacement part. Sounds like you might be having the same issue. The only way I could release the vacuum was by unscrewing a bulkhead cover.

    See here for the backstory.... 

    View archived post in: Gentle removal of vacuum valve?

     

     

    Edited by TimG
  4. Hi LoriAnn:

       First make sure the p[arts are clean, then just pinch the rubber valve (3) with your fingers and push its lower flange into the valve opening (4). It will seat by itself, or you can push the lower flange in with a small stick or similar.

      Now test it by pulling a vacuum, the green light should flash, all is well. Done. 

      Please let us know of your progress. 

     

  5. Thanks Horvendile, Tim, and Kraken!

    I followed your suggestions and used a cuticle pusher/spoon nail cleaner manicure tool to easily pop that piece #3 back in. I’m including some photos of the tool because I’ve found it excellent for removing o-rings, too. 

    Unfortunately I can’t seem to find the same one I have available for sale, but this is similar. 

    Professional Cuticle Pusher and Spoon Nail Cleaner | Dual Sided Stainless Steel Pusher and Nail Cleaner | For Nail And Cuticle Care | by Sterling Beauty Tools https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWLC1X2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_VAXP4VFJEP2KYVXJ6XAN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

    Tim, I sealed the housing and released the seal (and did it two times to be sure), and now it’s not doing the thing where it still flashes green after the pressure is released. I imagine it’s just a matter of time before I have the problem, though, so I’m glad to know the solution. 

    Lori Ann

    B9E07185-A3E4-4492-BF4F-E1F27C047E99.jpeg

  6. Hi, it may be that disc 5 is sticking to ring 6, sealing the vacuum in. To check this, unscrew
    ring 4 from 6, and clean the underside of the electronic disc 5 and the surface of 6, both should be very clean.   Then screw 4 back on 6, and test the vacuum.  If the problem persists, the best thing is to contact Miso, as Tim has done. 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.