I'm heading to Philippines soon for a few weeks and PAL, Philippine Airlines, appears to be strict on carry on bags. While they allow 2 checked bags at 50lbs/ea they say one carry on at 15lb is all they allow. As we all know that's a tough one to deal with! I use a Think Tank 3.0 roller (and also carry a back pack) which size wise is fine for carry on and it rarely if ever gets weighed, I make it appear light
My dive bag hits the 50lb limit and carries lots of stuff and not worried about checking it. Think Tank has my D500 housing, strobes, ports, lens etc and weighs in around 40lbs. I am concerned about checking it even though it is a direct flight LAX-MNL. It is a tough bag for sure and I will have a TSA locked bag strap around it but it is by no means hard shell luggage. Any thoughts on PAL bag routines and getting around checking it at departure counter? I've had to gate check on occasion with no problems. Philippines has just opened to foreign travelers so suspect no one has gone through this recently. Thoughts appreciated on Think Tank holding up, being eyed as "expensive" photo gear etc would be greatly appreciated.
Steve