As this model is getting a little long in the tooth, thought it worth putting the feelers out!
Let me see what you have, anything other than a seafrogs/meikon!
Thanks
- 6Posts
- 6Replies
Read-only discussion
WTB Housing for Fuji X-T3
-
-
Having gone through this same process around 12 months ago, pretty much your only "real" options are Nauticam or Subal. I don't know what their availability is like new, and you're going to have to be pretty lucky to find a second hand one. You can keep an eye on https://www.uwcamerastore.com/gebruikt-demo
I found a second hand Nauticam NA-XT3 there, which I have been extremely happy with.
-
-
Of the two that @msdeedee ..
The $2200 one with the dome appears to be good value. The dome, zoom ring and exenstion for the 10-24 will set you back well over $2k new. And another $1k if you don't already have the 10-24mm
The more expensive ($2500) one comes with no ports, so you'll need to buy them separately.
See my thread ( https://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?/topic/69061-nauticam-wwl-c-vs-180mm-dome ) about the 15-45mm and the WWL-C vs the 10-24 and 180mm dome. Consensus is that the 15-45 w/ WWL-C is a better combination, but assuming that $2,200 housing with dome is in good condition, and you already have the 10-24mm it's probably your cheapest path to taking your XT-3 underwater.
-
Thanks guys, I've messaged the seller with the dome to see if they will do international shipping to the UK but not holding my breath!
@froop why do you say that subal or nauticam are the only 'real' options? What do you mean? Do you not consider Ikelite real?
In terms of lenses, I'll be aiming to adapt the canon 100mm macro with a view to using the EMWL.
Thanks -
2 hours ago, Tutem said:
@froop why do you say that subal or nauticam are the only 'real' options? What do you mean? Do you not consider Ikelite real?To be honest I just forgot - From when I was looking, I only really recall the Nauticam as being the only viable option for me. Looking again, I may have got my wires crossed - the Subal IMO is way overpriced for what appears to be a rather unergonomic housing.
The Ikelite is a little better, but for me it feels like Nauticam started out thinking where the external controls should be and how they should work, and then figuring out how to transfer the control the camera body. Whereas all the others are have been designed by starting with the camera controls, and then thinking about the simplest way to transfer them to the housing - adding ergonomics if it seemed practical.
You could argue that has resulted in much simpler internals in the Ikelite, and made the Nauticam overly complex and more difficult to service, but for me its worth it.