Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Coolest guys on the reef

Started by TimG ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Coolest guys on the reef

22 posts
  1. I find Yellowline Arrowcrabs just irresistible photo subjects.

    These were taken in either Bonaire or Sint Maarten usually with a snoot and a 60mm lens

    TG28404.jpg

    TG46862.jpg

    TG51634.jpg

    TG51636.jpg

    TG51725.jpg

  2. Very nice Tim!

  3. 1 hour ago, Sandyzoo2 said:

    Very nice Tim!

    Thanks! These guys are ace to photograph.

  4. Wow love these. The first one looks as if there is an explosion of colours around the  arrow crab. 

    Diggy

  5. Fantastic composition and color complementarity on that first shot! 

  6. 9 minutes ago, troporobo said:

    Fantastic composition and color complementarity on that first shot! 

     

    5 hours ago, diggy said:

    Wow love these. The first one looks as if there is an explosion of colours around the  arrow crab. 

    Diggy

    Thanks guys. Just one of those really lucky moments in Bonaire.... he just kept popping up out of that azure sponge. 

  7. The first 2 are superb Tim, I always struggle with arrow crabs, never seem to get them right - may have to imitate your efforts next time I see them!

    Mike 

    p.s. up the blues for tomorrow - should be a great atmosphere

  8. 3 hours ago, pooley said:

    The first 2 are superb Tim, I always struggle with arrow crabs, never seem to get them right - may have to imitate your efforts next time I see them!

    Mike 

    p.s. up the blues for tomorrow - should be a great atmosphere

    Thanks, Mike!

    Snoot up, I reckon for Arrowcrabs. 
     

    On tomorrow (Sunday). Agreed! I’m going to be on an internet-free dive liveaboard  off the Turks and Caicos. I’m not sure if it’s coincidence or a sub-conscious desire to avoid the emotional trauma of another 93:20 win. (With apologies to non-soccer fans). CITD. :yahoo:

  9. Wow, very interesting (and obvious command) of lighting!

  10. Excellent lighting, great shots very atmospheric.

  11. I love arrow crabs as well, to the boredom of those who watch my videos, I'm afraid.  Great shots, Tim!

  12. Now I see what you meant in the other thread!

  13. 49 minutes ago, phxazcraig said:

    Now I see what you meant in the other thread!

    :lol2:

  14. Just had to add these guys. It must be Arrowcrab breeding time in Sint Maarten. They are everywhere!

    Two of them had read about the James Webb telescope and just had to check out the stars for themselves......

    TG53444.jpg

    TG53445.jpg

    TG53446.jpg

  15. 170929-111916-13-D810.jpg

  16. That’s an awesome image.  Amazing DOF for what looks like a very close macro shot. 

  17. 7 minutes ago, troporobo said:

    That’s an awesome image.  Amazing DOF for what looks like a very close macro shot. 

    I crop shamelessly.   Helps with DOF.

     

  18. 1 hour ago, phxazcraig said:

    I crop shamelessly.   Helps with DOF.

     

    :crazy: 

  19. No shame in that.  Crop ‘em if you’ve got the resolution!  

  20. 1 hour ago, troporobo said:

    No shame in that.  Crop ‘em if you’ve got the resolution!  

    Agreed!

     

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.