Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

WWL-1B with Isotta housing

Started by Namton ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

WWL-1B with Isotta housing

10 posts
  1. Hello everyone

    First of all I’m Nauticam user and I want to switch to Isotta because of the weight and size of housing.

     

    My gears:

    Sony A7RIII + Sony 28-60 + flat port 45+ WWL-1B (attach to M67 thread)

    And Canon fisheye 8-15 + 140 mm dome

    and 90 macro + 105 mm flat port 

     

    But I have some questions

    1. Can I use WWL-1B + M67 to bayonet converter II with Isotta M67 macro port H63-B120 ? Or which length do I need? 

    because I calculate the length of extension with other setup such as 90 macro between Nauticam and Isotta. The different is about 17 to 18mm. In theory, I think when I use Nauticam Flat port 45mm. (45 + 18 = 63mm which is the length H63 in Isotta) :mellow:

    2. Have anyone see isotta zoom gear with 28-60 lens? 

    I have look in the catalog and don’t find it.

     

     

    Thanks for advise I will really appreciate.

    Namton

     

  2. You can use N120 Nauticam ports on Isotta housings by changing the lug ring over.  This is the ring you need:

    http://www.divervision.com/seaandsea-bayonet-port-ring-for-seaandsea-nx-ports-90011.html

    Unfortunately the Nauticam Sony housing is N100, so you can't use it on N100 ports but you may be able to bring some of your ports across if they are N120 used with N100-N120 adapter.  Nauticam make a N120 macro port 45 you could change over to use on the Isotta housing, but it's an expensive option.

    You would need to find someone to 3D print a gear to use the Sony 28-60 zoom.  Isotta don't make one as far as I am aware.  I have heard that Isotta is quite responsive and may be able to make a gear for you, so it is worth emailing them.

  3. 2 hours ago, ChrisRoss said:

    You can use N120 Nauticam ports on Isotta housings by changing the lug ring over.  This is the ring you need:

    http://www.divervision.com/seaandsea-bayonet-port-ring-for-seaandsea-nx-ports-90011.html

    Unfortunately the Nauticam Sony housing is N100, so you can't use it on N100 ports but you may be able to bring some of your ports across if they are N120 used with N100-N120 adapter.  Nauticam make a N120 macro port 45 you could change over to use on the Isotta housing, but it's an expensive option.

    You would need to find someone to 3D print a gear to use the Sony 28-60 zoom.  Isotta don't make one as far as I am aware.  I have heard that Isotta is quite responsive and may be able to make a gear for you, so it is worth emailing them.

    Thanks for your advise ChrisRoss. I will check the N120 macro port 45.

  4. 1 hour ago, Namton said:

    Thanks for your advise ChrisRoss. I will check the N120 macro port 45.

    I would also ask Isotta about the dimensions of their ports - probably a cheaper option though they possibly will not allow you to use the Nauticam bayonet system.  This may not be a problem if you use the m67 version of the WWL.    You also need to determine if the port flange to camera flange is the same or not for Isotta housings.

    I think the best course of action is to contact the Isotta factory.  I am told they are quite helpful.

     

  5. Hi, I am looking to do same thing but opted for the 28 prime instead. the isotta zoom ring for 28-60 is part is-3540 retails around $85

  6. On 11/14/2022 at 2:23 PM, tcle80 said:

    Hi, I am looking to do same thing but opted for the 28 prime instead. the isotta zoom ring for 28-60 is part is-3540 retails around $85

    Thanks,

    Yes, the zoom gear has to ordered directly to Isotta factory. No information on Isotta website.

    I have tested my set up already.

    Please check my article.

    The result is pretty good and worth to try.

     

    View archived post in: World's first Isotta housing with Nauticam WWL-1B

     

  7. Great to hear. I guess I’ll be ‘the second’ with the lens lol. I’m waiting for the port from backscatter then will be in México from tomorrow. Superb photos well done 

  8. 8 hours ago, tcle80 said:

    Great to hear. I guess I’ll be ‘the second’ with the lens lol. I’m waiting for the port from backscatter then will be in México from tomorrow. Superb photos well done 

    That's great! I already told Thomas how to do slightly adjustment at the flat port.

    If you use Nauticam bayonet, you have to make a groove for anti-rotation.

    However, if you don't switch WWL in and out frequently like me (I switch from WWL to SMC-1 for macro photos)

    It maybe can use without adjustment at the flat port.

     

  9. Ok. I won’t switch. I have the bayonet mount 2. I’ll ask Thomas once I get the last part. Thanks for pioneering this 

  10. 5 hours ago, tcle80 said:

    Ok. I won’t switch. I have the bayonet mount 2. I’ll ask Thomas once I get the last part. Thanks for pioneering this 

    If you won't switch only use for WWL.

    It will be easier, no need to adapt.

     

    First, you have to remove 2 anti-rotation pins from Nauticam bayonet mount II.

    Then, you can screw bayonet mount directly to M67 macro port.

    I have tested it, if you screw tightly. It will stable.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.