Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony RX100 VII - Advice

Started by WK's Gone Diving ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony RX100 VII - Advice

12 posts
  1. Hi,

    I am looking for a compact camera system dedicated for video and am looking at the RX100VII with a  Nauticam housing and short port. I had initially intended to go for the Panasonic LX10, but Nauticam has discontinued their housing for that camera.

    Please advice if the RX100 still suffers from the overheating problem of earlier models such as the RX100VA whereby it will shut down. I would also appreciate thoughts on any other issues that the RX100VII may have for underwater video.

    Thanks

     

  2. Just had 6 days diving at Lembeh with the RX100 vii. The camera did overheat on two dives out of 19 dives. This was while shooting a longer sequences (e.g. mating octopus) than what I am usually record. Other than that, I am very happy with the results so far. 

  3. Isotta is still selling their lx10 housing. 

  4. On 11/6/2022 at 7:09 PM, hyp said:

    Isotta is still selling their lx10 housing. 

    They sure are, just bought one and couldn't be happier :)

  5. On 11/8/2022 at 10:01 AM, DSB said:

    They sure are, just bought one and couldn't be happier :)

    Hi! Digging through old posts while deciding on a new set-up. Are you still liking your Isotta housing? Any limitations you’ve seen? Thank you!!

  6. On 11/6/2022 at 1:58 AM, JR1 said:

    Just had 6 days diving at Lembeh with the RX100 vii. The camera did overheat on two dives out of 19 dives. This was while shooting a longer sequences (e.g. mating octopus) than what I am usually record. Other than that, I am very happy with the results so far. 

    Hi there! I’m doing some research on the RX100. Are you still happy with it? How have you found WB? Thanks!!

  7. On 4/15/2023 at 9:38 AM, JR1 said:

    Hi, yes still happy with the camera and housing. Have a look at my other post with a short video:

    View archived post in: Cheat sheet for Sony RX100 VII

     

    Thanks so much. You got some great shots with that! Were you using a wet lens for the macro work? 

  8. yes, I am using a Saga, +5 for me that is "close enough".  What I found most important for Macro is a tripod! I used a Joby GorillaPod, which worked well. 

    Edited by JR1
  9. 15 hours ago, JR1 said:

    yes, I am using a Saga, +5 for me that is "close enough".  What I found most important for Macro is a tripod! I used a Joby GorillaPod, which worked well. 

    Excellent -- many thanks! :)

  10. On 4/14/2023 at 10:46 PM, shelbyrose said:

    Hi! Digging through old posts while deciding on a new set-up. Are you still liking your Isotta housing? Any limitations you’ve seen? Thank you!!

    Hi ,

    Still very happy with the housing. It’s just a little fidly and you just need to be careful placing the camera inside the housing and taking it out.

    Other that that I’m really happy with the setup. I also just purchased the Backscatter mini flash 2 to use when doing macro and snooting.

    Edited by DSB — Spelling lol
  11. 4 hours ago, DSB said:

    Hi ,

    Still very happy with the housing. It’s just a little fidly and you just need to be careful placing the camera inside the housing and taking it out.

    Other that that I’m really happy with the setup. I also just purchased the Backscatter mini flash 2 to use when doing macro and snooting.

    Good to know! Thanks so much :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.